Sinevibes has released Malfunction II, an update to their ‘circuit-bent’ filter for MacOS that they say comes with a gorgeous new user interface and refined DSP for your sound destruction pleasure.
Malfunction is a “circuit-bent” filter – a filter with intentionally broken connections and erroneous math that produces very special, hissy and screaming distortion.
To tame this dramatic effect the plugin includes a low-pass pre-filter with a booster, as well as an output gate followed by a multi-mode filter. Malfunction also has two highly versatile tempo-synchronized modulation generators routed into the circuit-bent and the output filters for intricate morphing and pulsations: they feature many different waveforms including a special “broken triangle” and “staircase”.
These modulators also offer variable chaos control, which gradually adds random, never-repeating accents on each individual waveform cycle.
Here’s what’s new in Malfunction II:
- Redesigned inside and out.
- All-new hardware-accelerated user interface graphics.
- Built-in gate to prevent endless self-oscillation.
- Two freshly developed modulation generators with new “broken triangle” and “broken saw” waveforms.
- Much improved computational efficiency with 2.5x reduced processor load.
Pricing and Availability
Malfunction II is available now for US $29.