Numerical Audio has introduced VOLT – a polyphonic synthesizer for iOS, that they say has a special focus on expression.
VOLT at it’s heart is comprised of up to 8 virtual analog synth voices, each including one continuously variable wave oscillator, detunable sub, noise source, SEM style filter, advanced LFO, distortion & 2 ADSR envelopes, followed by a total of 3 master effect units.
VOLT was built with MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE) in mind and supports all ROLI products as well as other MPE-compatible devices out of the box. It features a factory bank of more than 100 expressive presets.
- Polyphonic Virtual Analog Synthesizer
- Expressive synth engine with MPE, poly-, channel aftertouch & 2D touch keyboard
- Built-in stereo effects
- 100+ factory presets
- Supports ROLI Seaboard controllers out of the box
- Standalone operation with support for USB audio interfaces, wired, network & bluetooth MIDI
- Audio Unit v3 Extension
- Inter App Audio support
- Audiobus support
- Ableton Link
- MPE MIDI hardware including but not limited to ROLI Seaboard Rise, Seaboard Block, Lightpad Block
- MPE MIDI software including but not limited to Geoshred, Geoshred Control
- Regular MIDI keyboards featuring channel or poly aftertouch, pitch- and mod wheels
- Onscreen 2D Touch Keyboard (supports slide and glide)
- Plain MIDI Input
- AUv3 Instrument
- Inter-App Audio Instrument
- Audiobus Instrument
Here’s a preview of VOLT in action, via redskylullaby:
Pricing and Availability:
VOLT for iPad is available on the Apple App Store for US $8.99 (through April 3rd, normally $14.99.)