The MIDI Association (TMA) is launching their “May is MIDI Month” membership and donation drive.
The key elements of the month-long promotion include:
- MIDI.org website redesign – with a cleaner, more contemporary design and expanded functionality
- Downloads of the new MPE and MIDI-CI specifications (see below), which were adopted at The 2018 Winter NAMM Show, will be available for download on the site in May
- MIDI Tip of the Day – Craig Anderton, one of the industry’s best-known writers and a TMA board member, will present a new MIDI tip every day on the site
- A MIDI Message newsletter every week in May – Four special issues will cover new MIDI developments, links to the daily tips, and feature a new MIDI artist of the week
- MIDI News Coverage of Musikmesse, Superbooth, ASCAP Expo and Moogfest
The MIDI Association is the global community of people who work, play and create with MIDI, a volunteer non-profit that puts all of the money raised back into member services. The MIDI Association offers free instructional materials, including tutorials, videos, and specifications, to all of its members.
New MIDI standards adopted at Winter NAMM 2018 (MPE and MIDI-CI) extend expressiveness and ease of use, and a new MIDI protocol targeted for completion later this year will further address the needs of end users and manufacturers alike.
The MIDI Association’s ‘May is MIDI Month’ fundraising goal is to raise $10,000 during the coming month, that will go toward developing video content that explains the benefits of these new MIDI technologies. Several companies have committed to being Platinum sponsors, including Ableton, IK Multimedia, Moog Music, Nektar, ROLI, Sweetwater, and Yamaha Corporation. Those platinum-level corporate sponsors have each agreed to match up to $1,500 in individual member donations for the month.
Membership in The MIDI Association is FREE and open to all by signing up at www.MIDI.org.