TASCAM today introduced the Model 24 digital multitrack recorder, which offers 24 tracks of 24-bit, 48 kHz audio capture (22 channels and a stereo main mix) and 22 playback tracks, via either USB 2.0 or to the unit’s onboard SD Card recorder.
The SD Card recorder offers one-touch recording and includes transport controls, auto and manual punch in/out, and overdub capability.
Key features include a 22-channel mixer with 100 mm long-throw faders, two monitor returns, subgroup bus, and stereo main bus.
The Model 24 also provides a variety of signal processing options. Each of the 12 mono channels include a one-knob compressor, a low cut filter, and 3-band semi-parametric EQ with sweepable midrange. The compressor and low cut filter are pre-Routing Mode selector so they can be applied to any recording track. The stereo channels include a low-cut filter and 3-band fixed EQ. A stereo 7-band graphic EQ with easy-control toggle buttons and instant bypass can be applied to the main mix or monitor outputs, enabling you to shape your mixes and prevent monitor feedback. And an onboard stereo multi-effects processor lets you apply 16 preset effects, including reverb, delay, chorus, and flanging.
- All-in-One, Multitrack Recorder with 22 channel Mixer and USB Audio Interface
- WAV 48kHz/24-bit, 24 channel multitrack recording to SD, SDHC and SDXC cards
- Built-in USB Audio Interface to send/receive audio data to/from DAW
- 22 Inputs (20 Balanced, 12 Monaural, and 4 Stereo)
- 16 TASCAM Microphone Preamps
- Input Mode switch on every input channel
- TASCAM Ultra-HDDA Mic Pre-amp (Channels 1 to 12)
- Preamp Gain Controller with Overload indicator (Channels 1 to 12)
- 3-band EQ with a sweepable mid-range frequency (Channels 1 to 12)
- 100kHz Low-cut Filter (Channels 1 to 12)
- 7-band Graphic EQ
- 16 Pre-set Effects
- 100mm Long-throw Faders for precise adjustment
- Mute, Main/Sub, PLF switches on every input channel
- Bluetooth input supporting both AAC and SBC codecs
- SUB Outputs via XLR Balanced and RCA Unbalanced connectors
- LINE Inputs via RCA Pin and 1/8-inch Stereo Mini jacks
- 3 AUX Outputs (Monitor 1, Monitor 2, FX)
- 1 Stereo Output for Control Room
- Phantom Power (+48V)
- 1/4-inch Stereo Headphone Output
- Backlit buttons for key operations such as REC and Play
- Multi Jog-dial for quick menu operation
- 12-segment LED Output Level Meters
Pricing and Availability
The TASCAM Model 24 digital multitrack recorder is expected to be available in the fourth quarter of 2018. Pricing is still to be announced.