Today Audiomodern introduced Playbeat, which they have dubbed a “creative groove randomizer.” Available as a plugin or iOS app, Playbeat generates beats and patterns for the user. Unlike an ordinary step sequencer, Playbeat creates patterns using algorithmic and random procedures for generating notes by combining steps, pitch, volume and more.
Users can load, or drag-n-drop their own sounds, and can use Playbeat to generate up to four patterns simultaneously to get polyrhythms:
- VST/VST3/AU/AAX/iOS & Standalone
- Generate Random Grooves
- Syncs to Host tempo
- Infinity Mode for Each Channel
- Number of notes generated
- Advanced Probability Engine
- Load or Drag -n- Drop any Sample
- MIDI Controllable
- x64 & x32 bit Compatible
- Quick Load Preset Section
- Quantization settings
- Quick-Copy to Channel
- Customizable Sequence Range
- Assign Presets to Quick-Load Section
- No Two Patterns will Ever be the Same
- Mac OS X 10.12 or higher
- Windows 7 or higher
- At least 50 MB of free drive space
- Reliable internet connection for download delivery and product activation
- Allows for activation on three (3) computers per serial code
Pricing and Availability. Audiomodern’s multi-platform Playbeat device is available in VST/VST3/AU/AAX and iOS formats. It is now available from the Audiomodern website at an introductory offer of €39.00 (Reg. €49.00), or for $6.99 for iOS devices via the Apple App Store.
More information about Playbeat is on the Audiomodern website.