Developer Jakob Gruhl let us know that he’s updated Soniface, his touch-based audiovisual synthesizer for Android, iOS, Windows & Mac.
The update adds a new granular synthesizer, loop recording, improved in-app help and more.
Here’s what’s new in version 2.5:
- Granulizer – Added a new granular synth to the soundscape sampler.
- Loop Recording – Each parameter can be automatized by recording the movement.
- Element identifiers – Semantic auto-naming of the sound elements
- Touch-Input – Multitouch enabled Maze-Editor
- In-App-Help – Improved content for module information
- New samples, drums and demo content
Here’s a demo of Soniface in action:
- Touch based audiovisual synthesizer grid & circular editing interface
- Rhythm Interface featuring a drum step sequencer & sound modulation setup
- Soundscape sampler incl. mic input, file library & sequencer
- Geometric arpeggiator, note step sequencer with envelope controller
- Color Interface system related to the color organ Scriabin and the circle of fifth
- Realtime master sound to *.Wav audio recording
- Pattern based song arrangement section
- 12 grid shapes & special visualization settings
- Shape interface for interactive sound modeling incl. 4 modes of synthesis
- Effect automation section
- Multi touch performance gestures to control audiovisual effects
- Save/ load project file section (Mazes & Set)
- MIDI input to play colors, notes and chords by keyboard or to link effects to controllers (not in Android, Win Phone & WSA)
- In-app tutorial function incl. reading aloud mode
- Plug & play 2nd display output for projectors (Lab only)
- Sound playback from stereo up to 4.0, 5.1 & 7.1 surround (Lab only)
Soniface is available in several versions, for iOS, Android, Mac & Windows. See the Mazetools site for details.