Birdkids has launched a Kickstarter project to fund production of a new mobile MIDI controller, offGrid.
It connects to your iOS, Android, maOS or Windows device wirelessly through Bluetooth (BLE) or via USB Type-C.
- 4×4 grid of assignable LED-backlit, pressure-sensitive pads.
- 2×2 grid of assignable, color-customizable, LED-backlit, pressure-sensitive pads.
- Shift / secondary function Toggle.
- Multi-directional, modulation Joystick.
- USB Type-C plug.
- Primary Battery Clip (minimum 10h operation in full use).
- Rechargeable Battery Connector (minimum 10h operation on single charge @ 2500mAh).
- Bluetooth BLE (5.0)
- Low latency MIDI/OSC optimization
- Machine Learning Core, low-power optimized 3D Accelerometer.
- Machine Learning Core, low-power optimized 3D Gyroscope.
Pricing and Availability
offGrid is being produced via a Kickstarter project and is available to backers starting at €79.
Note: Synthtopia periodically reports on crowdfunding projects that are relevant to electronic musicians.
Synthtopia does not accept commercial/paid posts, so decisions about the products and projects we cover are based on their relevance to electronic musicians.
Backing crowdfunding projects is not like buying something from an established retailer, it is backing a project that has risk of missing target dates or failing. Kickstarter outlines this on their site.