The Neutral Labs Elmyra synthesizer, described as “a platform for sonic exploration inspired by the widely beloved Lyra-8”, is available, both assembled and as a DIY project.
Elmyra is based on the Adafruit ItsyBitsy M0 Express microcontroller. Its 10-bit audio resolution gives it a gritty sound, and this circuit adds analog distortion to it.
- Performative drone box
- Three touch plates to control the amplitude of the oscillators
- Three tunable oscillators that feature chromatic mode for chord tunings
- Triangle and square waveshapes
- Crunchy digital delay with intense feedback
- Non-resonant low pass filter
- Analog scratch distortion
- Selectable envelope speeds
- Random modulation for oscillator cycles
- Audio output on 1/4″ jack
Pricing and Availability
The Elmyra is available for $339 USD assembled. DIY options are also available.