Softube has released Saturation Knob as a free download.
Saturation Knob can be used in any VST, Audio Units or AAX host—and also as a Rack Extension in Propellerhead’s Reason—on both Mac and Windows platforms.
Saturation Knob has previously been available exclusively for Presonus Studio One and Pro Tools users,
For VST, AAX and Audio Units, Saturation Knob is part of the installer package, which includes all Softube plug-ins. Continue reading
Crudebyte has introduced Oriental Strings – a sound module app for oriental keyboard players and for musicians who simply want access to ‘middle eastern’ sounds.
Rob Papen has released RAW – a new software synthesizer, for Mac & Windows.
“RAW has a focus on ‘distorted’ sounds, so this means that it has a different signal setup, synthesizer-wise,,” notes Papen. “We have two oscillators and a FILTER, but what is new when compared to our other synthesizers is that you have an EQ that can be pre- or post-distortion. After that, there is also a WAVESHAPER and dedicated DISTORTION module with several types of distortion, as well as a LOW FI control. This is new to this synthesizer, and it’s part of the concept that the distortions are on the voice level, so it’s not just a case of a total signal going into the distortions, but rather each voice has its own WAVESHAPER, DISTORTION, and LOW FI — plenty of options to shape the sound here!”
Here’s what Papen has to say about RAW: Continue reading
Developer Rejean Poirier has released Caustic Editor For Volca Sample – a free waveform editor to import, load, record, edit and upload samples for use with the Korg Volca Sample.
Volca sample-specific features:
- Upload to any of the 100 sample slots
- Clear all samples
- Restore factory samples
- Monitor device memory
Native Instruments today released Replika – a new effect plugin that packs two professional quality delays and a powerful diffusion algorithm into a streamlined interface.
Here are the details: Continue reading
Propellerhead today launched Discover – a new ‘open Internet music creation network’ that you can use to create, share, collaborate and remix music with other musicians.
The free music service connects Propellerhead’s Figure and Take mobile apps with Reason music production software, to make it easy to exchange music pieces.
Some of the things you can do with Discover are:
- Move musical ideas between mobile apps and Reason—invite Take users to sing on a Figure beat, or finish a Take song with Reason’s full suite of instruments and effects
- Share music publicly, unlisted to your friends, or to your social network of choice
- Find inspiration in Discover—Propellerhead-curated, community made music pieces, all ready and available for use in your creations
Here’s a video introduction to Propellerhead’s Discover network:: Continue reading
Elastic Drums is a software synth for iPhone that offers 6 channels of synthesized drum sounds, a step sequencer and 4 FX channels.
- 6 synth channels with 10 different percussion synth engines (kick, snare, hit, clap, tom, … fm, grain)
- 12 parameters for each synth engine
- automation for each parameter via knob recording or velocity
- 4 send effect channels with 2×11 mono effects and 2 x 9 stereo effects
- automation for all of the 8 possible effect parameters via xy pad
- master effects (stutter, delay, compressor …)
- 16 step sequencer for the 6 channels, each with it’s own tempo multiplier & length
- record audio and export to Soundcloud or Audioshare
- email audio recordings and presets
- iOS 8 supported
Here are official Elastic Drums audio demos: Continue reading
Audulus for Windows – a software modular synthesizer that lets you create patches visually – is now available.
With Audulus, you can build synthesizers, design new sounds, or process audio, with low-latency real-time processing, suitable for live performance.
Audulus is also available for iOS and OS X, and you can share patches across platforms.
Here’s a video intro to Audulus For WIndows from developer Taylor Holliday: Continue reading