Knob Lab is a free MIDI controller for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
Knob Lab is designed to let you control Ableton Live, Logic Pro, Cubase, Protools, Traktor, and other popular DAWs right from your iPad.
Knob Lab can control devices over WiFi, Bluetooth, Virtual MIDI (inter app communication) or with a cable.
Knob Lab uses CoreMIDI to send MIDI signals so you can even hook it up to hardware synths using and iPad to MIDI cable. Continue reading
Vengeance Sound has released Glitch Bitch – a new effects plugin for Mac & Windows that’s the say offers “the craziest glitch and stutter effects you ever heard”. Continue reading
Native Instruments has introduced Rise & Hit, a new instrument that they say is ‘the first instrument designed uniquely for expressive build-ups.” Continue reading
When Akai Pro released the iMPC iPad music production center, a lot of Synthtopia readers were left wanting more. The app was fun, but it didn’t offer the full capabilities of even old-school MPCs.
It looks like that may soon change. Akai today teased this image of iMPC Pro, a new software MPC for the iPad that they say promises ’64 tracks of heavyweight music production’. Continue reading
Rob Papen has introduced the eXplorer-III - a collection that brings together all 11 of his products:
- Blade: The cutting edge of today’s synthesizers!
- Punch: Speaker busting and body rattling drum machine.
- BLUE-II: Cross-fusion synthesis.
- SubBoomBass: Ultra-deep groove bass synth with built-in step sequencer.
- Predator: Phat analoge synth with killer presets and first class features.
- PredatorFX: Filter, modulation, vocoder and effects plug-in.
- RG: Electric & acoustic guitar grooves with sequencer and synth effects.
- RP-Delay: Delay insanity. reverser, 6 lines, 8 filters, 4 LFOs & more.
- RP-Verb: An advanced, transparent and musical algorithm reverb with easy controls.
- RP-Distort: Wicked FX unit that will distort or alter your tracks.
- RP-Amod: Spice up your vocal track, liven an instrument and even beef up your drums.
KVR has announced the 2014 KVR Developer Challenge – a contest to create a new free audio plug-in, application or sound library.
It’s sort of like the Olympics of free music software and soundware.
Anyone can enter. KVR members will vote on the entries and pick the winner. Continue reading
ADSR Sounds has introduced Dumb Ass Onions AH! – a sound library for Massive that they say is “sure to make you cry”. Continue reading
Samplephonics has released Leeds Town Hall Organ, a multi sampled organ virtual instrument, as a free download.
Here’s a demo of the free instrument in action: Continue reading