Sunday Synth Jam: Nick Francis stakes out new territory for controllerism, with his live remix/mashup of My Generation, by The Who.
Francis performs with his DIY MIDI controller, The Choppertone, mixing in iconic sounds of the 60s, including Allen Ginsberg, Mose Allison, Sonny Rollins and others.
via Nick Francis
Today Novation announced its new Launchpad S, an update to its popular grid controller for Ableton Live.
Simon Halstead, Novation’s Marcom Manager tells us, “The Launchpad S has “vastly brighter” LEDs, a significantly faster refresh rate and is now class compliant – meaning it will now work with other software (e.g FL Studio 11) and critically, with the iPad – so it integrates with our new Novation Launchpad app for iPad. It’s also powered by the iPad.”
Launchpad S Key Features:
- 64-button music software controller: Launch loops/clips, trigger drums and samples, and control effects and volumes.
- Brighter, faster and works with more software.
- Comes with Ableton Live Launchpad Edition.
- Plug and play with FL Studio and other software: Now including custom software control overlays.
- Now supports iPad: Launchpad S connects to iPad with the Apple Camera Connection Kit – drivers no longer required.
Here are some video demos of the Novation Launchpad S in action: Continue reading
This video features Livid Instruments founder Jay Smith talking with controllerism champion Matt Moldover about the growing DIY movement, MIDI guitars, the evolution of “producer” and more.
This video, via robotmakers, demonstrates using a Microsoft Kinect as a gestural controller for modular synthesizers.
Here are the technical details: Continue reading
At the 2013 NAMM Show, Akai Pro introduced the MAX25 – a new MIDI controller that offers CV/Gate output, semi-weighted keys with aftertouch, a built-in step sequencer, expanded arpeggiator, and LED touch faders for gradual or instant parameter value changes. Continue reading
Keith McMillen Instruments has introduced the QuNeo Rogue, an accessory for the QuNeo controller that adds wireless capabilities.