Fiedler Audio has introduced AD 480 Reverb RE – a professional studio reverb effect for Propellerhead Reason and Reason Essentials.
- professional reverb sound effect with variable room size
- reverb time and spatial dimensions independently tweakable
- extensive filter layout for a wide spectrum of sound
- 54 new presets with unique sound
- 108 presets from the iOS version
- separate outputs for mixed, wet and dry signals for flexible routing
- 20 CV-inputs for insane modulation
Sinevibes has introduced Zap, a ‘unique mini-synthesizer’ controlled by incoming audio.
It starts with an envelope follower that tracks the peak energy of the sound and then applies it onto the frequency of a monophonic oscillator. With three different oscillator waveform modes and features like envelope stepping, Zap can turn any sound source into dynamic synth sweeps, sub-basses, blips, chirps or glitches. Continue reading
Sound designer, composer and instrument builder Diego Stocco has released Experibass, a new album of 8 compositions played with his custom Experibass instrument; and Experibass Producer’s Edition, which adds 100 Experibass rhythmic loops in REX format. Continue reading
Applied Acoustics Systems (AAS) has announced the availability of the updated virtual guitar instrument, Strum GS-2.
Strum GS-2 reproduces the sound of acoustic guitars as well as the playing techniques of a guitar player, which, developers say, makes “producing realistic guitar tracks very straightforward.”
As we mentioned in an earlier story, Strum GS-2 is a major redesign of its predecessor. In addition to the synthesis and strumming engines that have been completely revamped, Strum GS-2 ships with a new streamlined interface, a new equalizer and compressor module, a new multi-effects processor, native 64-bit operation on Mac OS X and Windows, and much more. Strum GS-2 comes with an all-new factory library with quite a few nylon and steel acoustic guitars of various sizes, both in natural and production-ready configurations.
Avid has released Pro Tools 12, the latest version of their studio standard DAW.
The Pro Tools 12 comes with Avid Cloud Collaboration, Avid Marketplace and Avid Artist Community:
- Cloud Collaboration is a set of workflows that allow for groups of people to work on the same project, eliminating manual file management.
- Avid Marketplace and Artists Community allows customers to get plug-ins and apps immediately, share and store work and collaborate with other Pro Tools users. Avid Marketplace currently has nine new plug-in bundles available.
With the new version, users can buy the software outright, sign up for a monthly subscription or use a free version. Continue reading
Puremagnetik has released Frequencizer – a free fixer filter bank for Ableton Live + Max For Live. Continue reading
Sensomusic has released Usine Hollyhock II, their modular live music and real-time installation software for Mac & Windows.
According to the company, Usine is more powerful and stable than ever. The update includes more than 500 improvements, including:
- Smpte, Midi Timecode (MTC), Linear Timecode (MTC) support
- Engine optimization
- OSC learn on every controls
- New powerful library
- 64 channels support on every audio module
- 128 audio in/out
- New Internet site
- New open source SDK
Waldorf Music has announced that Waldorf Edition 2 – an updated to its PPG Wave 2.2v, Attack & D-Pole bundle – is now available.
In addition to an updated user interface, the new version brings an expanded effects section (with Delay, Equalizer, Drive, Phaser, Flanger, Chorus, and Reverb) into play. Continue reading