Sinevibes has introduced Extremum, a new effects processor for OS X (AU).
According to the company, Extremum was built with one huge goal: ‘to turn even the most simple sounds into insanely interesting, tonally rich and exciting new materia’l.
Extremum features a collection of phaser, chorus and filter algorithms, comprised of up to 256 stages and 16 feedback lines – all of which apply radical but finely controllable transformations. To take it even further, Extremum has its own tempo-synchronised modulator with multiple waveforms, variable lag and chaos. Continue reading
AudioShare for iOS has been updated to Version 2.7.
Here’s what’s new:
- New and improved visual design.
- Auto-zoom when trimming audio.
- Apply fade in/out when trimming audio.
- New built-in text editor for taking notes.
- WiFi Drive: Access the library and upload files from any web browser on your local network.
- Allow access to Document Providers from within AudioShare on iOS 8, for example iCloud Drive.
- Include a Document Picker app extension to allow other apps to access the AudioShare library directly on iOS 8.
- Support iPhone 6 and 6+ screen resolutions.
- Scroll up to reveal a Search Bar to search the current folder.
- Support 24 and 32 bits recording and conversion.
TC-Helicon – a company that has long specialized in professional vocal effects hardware – has introduced Voice Rack: FX – a real-time vocal effects processor for iOS.
The app, which works with both Audiobus and Inter-App Audio, offers 50 vocal effects presets, ranging from voice doubling to ‘gender-bending’, based on the company’s voice processing algorithms. Continue reading
Amazing Noises has released Reverb – a Feedback Delay Network (FDN) Reverb Effect for iOS.
Reverb can create reverberated ambiences, from small rooms to huge buildings. It can also simulate alien and unreal spaces.
Here’s a video demo: Continue reading
XILS-Lab has introduced Vocoder 5000 – a new software vocoder, for Mac & Windows.
Vocoder 5000 is inspired by the EMS Flagship Vocoder ( EMS 5000 -1976, one of the most complex and powerful analog vocoders ever built). Continue reading
apeSoft has released Sparkle for iOS – a tool for advanced spectral hybridizations, made of several algorithms that operate on frequency domain.
Here’s what they have to say about Sparkle:
The basic idea is to transfer the temporal structure of a sound (source) onto another sound (target) of which the spectral properties are preserved.
Simply put, you can take a voice and make it sing a Beethoven’s symphony!
Softube has released Saturation Knob as a free download.
Saturation Knob can be used in any VST, Audio Units or AAX host—and also as a Rack Extension in Propellerhead’s Reason—on both Mac and Windows platforms.
Saturation Knob has previously been available exclusively for Presonus Studio One and Pro Tools users,
For VST, AAX and Audio Units, Saturation Knob is part of the installer package, which includes all Softube plug-ins. Continue reading