Sensomusic has released Usine Hollyhock II, their modular live music and real-time installation software for Mac & Windows.
According to the company, Usine is more powerful and stable than ever. The update includes more than 500 improvements, including:
- Smpte, Midi Timecode (MTC), Linear Timecode (MTC) support
- Engine optimization
- OSC learn on every controls
- New powerful library
- 64 channels support on every audio module
- 128 audio in/out
- New Internet site
- New open source SDK
The audiomux + midimux bundle is now available in the App Store.
midimux talks MIDI to your Mac and audiomux talks audio to your Mac, using a standard usb to lightning or 30 pin cable.
midimux: MIDI via USB
- control iOS apps with hardware controllers that are connected to your Mac.
- sequence and play iOS apps using a DAW running on your Mac.
- control Mac applications or hardware connected to it, using Lemur, TouchOSC or any other app that uses MIDI.
- use iOS apps to play and sequence hardware instruments that are connected to your Mac.
- create virtual MIDI ports on the iPad/iPhone that can be mirrored to the Mac or other iDevices.
- connect more than one iOS device to the Mac – and send MIDI data between them.
Requires: iOS 5+ / Mac OSx 10.6 and Audiobus Continue reading
Developer Giel Bremmers has released an update to MultitrackStudio for iPad.
MultitrackStudio for iPad is a MIDI + audio sequencer that can handle up to 16 audio/MIDI tracks.
Both audio and MIDI tracks can be edited. MIDI editing features include piano roll, drum and score editors. Continue reading
Cakewalk has announced their new Braintree release for Sonar Artist, Professional, and Platinum member/subscribers. Cakewalk recently debuted a new membership/subscription program, which gives Sonar users “regular access to new features, enhancements, and content.”
The recent Braintree* release addresses improvements requested by the community, and includes new content that complements Sonar’s “rich feature set” with a range of new presets and innovative loop libraries.
Novation has updated Launchpad for iOS – its freemium loop-based sequencing app – with new ‘Performance FX’.
Performance FX at a glance:
- New Delay FX and Gater FX, create stunning fills and breakdowns
- Enhanced Stutter FX and Autofilter FX, add movement and dynamics to your music
- FX Pads have new animated graphics, focusing you on your performance
- A new Edit FX screen lets you tweak and perform your FX
- Track FX routing lets you target fx to specific tracks such as vocals, or drums
- Fully tweakable FX parameters for deep customization
Audiomodern has released SYNC – a loop-based sampler instrument for NI Kontakt, also available on WAV, AIFF & REX.
SYNC focuses on ‘futuristic sounding electronic & glitch drum groove construction kits’.
Here are the official audio demos: Continue reading
Refined Stochastic Technology’s Jonathan Papert shared this preview of their upcoming iOS app Takete. Continue reading
Developer Patrik Hedmalm has introduced Pepp – a new iOS music app, described as a sort of ‘twisted groovebox’.
Here’s what Hedmalm has to say about Pepp:
This twisted groovebox/arpeggiator/synthesizer lets you quickly forge original electronic music, using sixteen sliders and a sixteen-step sequencer.
Instantly save and recall your ideas without missing a beat. With 160 memory slots you’re not likely to run out of storage.
While it’s designed to be easy to use, Pepp also offers:
- MIDI support, including playing via a MIDI keyboard, MIDI sync & MIDI control of parameters; and
- Audiobus integration.
Here’s a quick video demo: Continue reading