Elastic Drums is a software synth for iPhone that offers 6 channels of synthesized drum sounds, a step sequencer and 4 FX channels.
- 6 synth channels with 10 different percussion synth engines (kick, snare, hit, clap, tom, … fm, grain)
- 12 parameters for each synth engine
- automation for each parameter via knob recording or velocity
- 4 send effect channels with 2×11 mono effects and 2 x 9 stereo effects
- automation for all of the 8 possible effect parameters via xy pad
- master effects (stutter, delay, compressor …)
- 16 step sequencer for the 6 channels, each with it’s own tempo multiplier & length
- record audio and export to Soundcloud or Audioshare
- email audio recordings and presets
- iOS 8 supported
Here are official Elastic Drums audio demos: Continue reading
Audulus for Windows – a software modular synthesizer that lets you create patches visually – is now available.
With Audulus, you can build synthesizers, design new sounds, or process audio, with low-latency real-time processing, suitable for live performance.
Audulus is also available for iOS and OS X, and you can share patches across platforms.
Here’s a video intro to Audulus For WIndows from developer Taylor Holliday: Continue reading
Audanika has introduced SoundPrism Electro – a new iPad musical instrument, based on their SoundPrism Pro instrument and MIDI controller. Continue reading
Hinton and Fairchild have released Donk Machine 2 – a freeware synth for Windows for putting a donk on it.
Here’s what they have to say about it: Continue reading
Retronyms has released Phase84 – described as ‘a next generation phase distortion synthesizer’, inspired by the classic phase distortion synthesis sounds of the Casio CZ line of synths.
Phase distortion synthesis is a form of waveshaping synthesis that has its roots in Casio’s CZ line of digital synthesizers from the 80s. It is designed to have the warmth of a subtractive (analog) synthesizer, yet be capable of the squelchy tones and sharp attacks of an FM synth. Continue reading
In the latest episode of Sonic Lab, host Nick Batt talks with GForce Software’s Dave Spiers about their new virtual ARP Odyssey synthesizer, Oddity2.
According to GForce, Oddity2 “transports the spirit of the original into a new dimension.” Continue reading
Audiomodern Abuser is a hybrid analog virtual instrument for NI Kontakt.
Abuser is based on 3.6 GB of true stereo samples, from analog gear ‘abused’ through the Sherman Filterbank, and recorded at 96Khz.
Here’s Audiomodern has to say about Abuser: Continue reading
FM synthesizers have a reputation for being powerful, but painful to patch.
Primal Audio today released FM4, a new FM synthesizer for iPad they say reinvents FM synthesis, making it more accessible and intuitive. Continue reading