Five12 today announced the fourth major release of Numerology, its modular step-sequencing environment for Mac OS X.
Numerology is a music sequencing and audio plugin environment which uses an approach based on modular step sequencing.
In addition to numerous modernization and usability improvements, Numerology 4.0 adds several new features that expand it’s capabilities in two areas central to its workflow: hardware control & modulation. Continue reading
Tempo Rubato has introduced Historic Harpsichords – Ruckers 1628 – a sampled recreation of one of the greatest and most valuable harpsichords of all time.
According to the company, Historic Harpsichords – Ruckers 1628 has been tested and tuned with ‘hardened harpsichord instrumentalists’ and features full recreation of all stops and combinations. Creative users can play both manuals individually using separate MIDI channels with faithful recreation of manual coupling using key velocity for controlling onset delays. Continue reading
Ableton has released Time and Timbre, a Max for Live percussion instrument and ‘time engine’ that they say is the result of three years of development by the duo Skinnerbox.
The pack consists of five individual drum synthesis modules (Timbre) and a polymetric sequencer (Time), as well as a built-in mastering plug-in (Master Blaster). Continue reading
Olympia Noise Company has released a major update to Ondes, its Ondes Martenot inspired musical instrument app for iPad.
The update adds swarm oscillators to its synth engine, new modulation parameters, microtonal tuning and and a new MIDI mode.
Here’s a video demo of Ondes being used as a duophonic continuous controller for a modular synthesizer: Continue reading
In this video, JK Swopes of SoundsAndGear reviews the Xils-lab PolyKB II morphing synthesizer plugin for Mac & Wndows.
The PolyKB is designed to recreate the sound of the RSF PolyKobol analog synthesizer, including one of coolest features – a continuous morphing oscillator, which can be fully modulated by many sources. Continue reading
Here’s the third and final video in developer Michael Tyson‘s development preview of Loopy: Masterpiece Edition.
Tyson, developer of Loopy and AudioBus, is starting development of a new ‘Masterpiece Edition’ of his Loopy software looper for iOS. It will incorporate DAW-like features, including a linear timeline view, track automation and more. Continue reading
Scottish based SkoogMusic has introduced Mogo – a new software synth that’s tailored to being played with the company’s Skoog accessible wireless MIDI controller.
Mogo is Skoogmusic’s latest software-synth creation, designed to give musicians the opportunity to explore sound using the tactile sensing capabilities of Skoog 2.0. It has fully assignable filters, envelopes, stereo multi-effects, a multi-stage arpeggiator, a built-in loop station; and can be used to manipulate any audio input for on-the-fly filtering and effects processing.
Here’s a video preview: Continue reading
iZotope has released Iris 2, a sample-based synthesizer that they say combines ‘the power of a sampler, the flexibility of a modular synth, and the fun of spectral filtering’.
Highlights of the new version include:
- Flexible new modulation system – Iris 2’s modulation system was rebuilt from the ground up. Now, over 100 parameters can be modulated—using up to five LFOs, five Envelopes, MIDI Expression Controllers, and Macro Controls—with a single-click-and-drop assignment system.
- New patches – The Iris 2 Sound Library includes hundreds of new patches, plus an 11 GB sample library. The sample library includes reorganized and remastered samples from the original Iris+8 library, as well as 3 GB of brand new samples for Iris 2.
- Sample pools that can load a sample and classic oscillator waveforms – Enjoy increased flexibility with four sample pools that allow you to load any sample. Additionally, dozens of classic analog oscillator waveforms (OSC WAVs) are now available in all four sample pools, accessible right from the empty spectrogram.
- Redesigned interface and experience
- Extensive visualizations and metering – Quickly identify the effects of your spectral filtering and processing. Every modulated parameter meters the effects of modulation in real time, and a version of the spectrum analyzer from Insight metering suite is included in the master section.
- Enhanced effects and filters – including distortion and filters from Trash 2, a new delay, and modulatable controls of nearly every parameter within the Multi-mode Master Filter and four effects processors.
Here are the official intro videos for Iris 2: Continue reading