Blue Microphones has introduced Yeti, the first THX Certified microphone and, according to the company, the “ultimate USB microphone for professional recording.”
- The first USB mic to offer Blue’s condenser capsules in a triple capsule array for the highest quality, most versatile audio recording capability
- Four patterns (Omni, Cardioid, Stereo, Bidirectional) for versatility and superior results
- THX certification
- Studio quality performance and features, with zero latency, amplified headphone monitoring, microphone mute, and hardware-based gain adjustment
- Driverless installation and works with both PC and Mac.
- The Yeti’s angle can be adjusted on its custom-designed desk stand.
The Yeti microphone is designed to offer quality recordings in a wide range of situations, including podcasts, vocals, live or event recording, interviews, broadcasts, instruments, bands and more.
“THX testing and certification ensures the fidelity of the recording always remains true to its source” according to Matthew Chrispen, director of certification at THX, “allowing artists to accurately capture voice-overs, interviews and other sound elements with confidence.”
The Yeti, MSRP $149.99, will be available beginning December 2009.
If you’ve used the Yeti microphone, leave a comment with your thoughts on it!