Nina Richards & Zoë Blade of Transistor Sounds Labs have introduced Stepper Acid – a digitally-controlled 16-step sequencer for Eurorack modular synthesizers.
They say it is “Designed by and for musicians, Stepper Acid was born out of our need for a modern step-sequencer.”
Here’s a video intro: Continue reading
The Erica Synths Fusion series – a new collection of vacuum tube synthesis modules – are now available for Eurorack synthesizers.
Erica Fusion series consist of whole range of modules used in sound generation and shaping circuit – pure sine VCO with unique tube waveshaper (will be available mid-January 2015), VCO signal Mixer, Ringmodulator, VCF, VCA and Analogue Delay/Chorus. The first two modules are an Analogue Delay/Chorus module and a VCF. Continue reading
Many people think of Behringer primarily as a maker of ‘clones’ of popular music gear, or more recently, for creating some innovative mixer and monitor lines.
But, before Behringer was even a company, founder Uli Behringer got his start by building his own keyboard, the UB-1 synthesizer (above), when he was 16.
Now, it looks like Behringer could soon be making synthesizers again. Continue reading
Synthrotek has introduced the 308 Distortion Module – a RAT clone in Eurorack format that offers CV control over gain.
- 3 controls – Tone, Filter, and Drive – to customize your tone. Tone sets the brightness level, Filter dials in the high frequency response, and Drive determines the signal gain.
- 4 Diode Settings – An on-board 4PST DIP Switch selects between 4 different clipping diodes to drastically alter your sound. Turn on the stock version 1N4148s, LEDs, Germanium diodes, or none at all with flick of a little switch.
- Vintage Tone – The PCB is designed from the original RAT tone IC, the LM308 single op amp.
- Control Voltage (CV) Input
- Guitar AND Modular – Adjust the input impedance with a trim pot.
- Plug your guitar in using Circuit Abbey’s Axis module.
Thonk has announced the availability of the Fonitronik Cascade – a DIY kit that lets you build a 4HP triple attenuverting mixer/processor.
The module provides 3 channels of ‘attenu-gain-vertion’, each with it’s own bicolor LED. The input of each channel is normalled to a voltage source. Continue reading
DIN Sync has introduced the ModSeq kit, a DIY minimal 8-step sequencer for Eurorack modular synthesizers. Continue reading
LittleBits Electronics recently debuted their bitLab where users, prototypers, and designers can submit their idea for what the company should manufacture next.
LittleBits eCommerce Manager Phil DeGisi explains, “If the module gets enough votes from our community, we review it, and in many cases will manufacture it. If we manufacture it, the module designer gets 10% of the revenue. We like to say that it’s the app store for hardware.”
One bitLab submission that may be of particular interest to Synthtopia readers is The Bleep Drum by Austin, Texas-based Bleep Labs.
Meng Qi’s Squishable Modular Synth Workstation is a self-contained modular synthesizer instrument. Continue reading