zerodebug has introduced midimux for iOS – a new app that talks MIDI to your Mac, using the standard usb to lightning or 30 pin cable.
midimux is the first of a planned pair of apps, with audiomux following, that promise to route both midi and audio over your device’s USB cable.
- Creates Mirrors of all MIDI devices that are connected to the computer on the connected iOS devices.
- Creates Mirrors of all MIDI devices that are connected to the iOS devices on the Mac.
- Lets you create custom virtual Ports that can be used by both sides of the connection to communicate.
- does it all via a wired usb connection – using the standard charge & sync cable.
- works on all iDevices from iOS 5.