apeSoft has introduced iVCS3 – a software version of the classic EMS VCS3.
The VCS3 was created in 1969 by Peter Zinovieff’s EMS company. The electronics were largely designed by David Cockerell and the machine’s distinctive visual appearance was the work of electronic composer Tristram Cary.
The VCS3 was one of the first portable commercially available synthesizers (portable in the sense that the VCS 3 was housed entirely in a small, wooden case).
The VCS3 was popular among progressive rock bands and was used on recordings by The Alan Parsons Project, Jean Michel Jarre, Hawkwind, Brian Eno (with Roxy Music), King Crimson, The Who, Gong, Pink Floyd and many others. Continue reading
Korg has teamed up with SoundCloud to on a worldwide Korg Gadget contest.
The Korg Gadget for iPad Remix Contest runs from February 28 through March 31, 2014. Prizes include an array of Korg gear.
Contestants can enter by remixing any of the official demo songs that are pre-installed on Gadget for iPad and then uploading the remixed track to GadgetCloud.
Prizes include: Continue reading
Korg today released an update to Gadget – its virtual studio for the iPad.
The update adds support for Audiobus and introduces new ‘pro’ features, including increased maximum bar length and automation parameter edit support. Plus ‘Increased Japanese’!
Details below. Continue reading
Developer Alexey Nadzharov has introduced rrarrow - described as an ‘experimental modular audio effect and noise machine’ for the iPad.
- Simplicity – The interface is simplified for faster assembly and more flexible connectivity – you can assemble your effect very fast and control all the processing parameters with the audio signal!
- Feedback capabilities – You can add feedbacks to the audio chain to get some chaotic noise sounds .
- Twelve blocks for audio processing:
- Sine generator. Basic oscillator with sine waveform
- Signal multiplier
- Frequency shifter
- Envelope follower
- Lorenz attractor
- Special Lowpass filter
- Nonlinear shaper (for self-oscillating circuit)
- Audiobus support. Now you can stream live audio directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps! See http://audiob.us for more information. Works as input and filter.
- Background audio support: enabled when connected to Audiobus and user switchable otherwise.
Here’s a video introduction: Continue reading
IK Multimedia today announced the updated GrooveMaker 2 (v1.1), their mobile loop based music making app and “groove generator.” The new version adds universal compatibility to provide iPad users with an intuitive groove making interface and full suite of tools and effects for creating music and grooves “on the go” on an iPad.
GrooveMaker 2 For iPad Key Features: Continue reading