Bit Shape has released TC-11 2.0 – a major update to the programmable multi-touch synthesizer for the iPad.
TC-11 2.0 is a major overhaul of the programming interface, synthesis engine, and patch manager.
New features include:
- Granular Oscillator
- New patch editor, with drag-and-drop controllers
- One-button tuning
- Live patch UI display
- New patch organizer, with tag filtering
- New synthesis engine
- New Table module
- Many new controllers, totaling over 300!
Developer Christian Blomert let us know that he has released Midimux Server for Windows, making it now possible to route MIDI over USB between iOS devices and WIndows PCs.
The server app is a free download from the Midimux site. Continue reading
This video, via keyboardmag1, is a sneak preview of Bill Mitsakos‘ upcoming real-time touchscreen editor for the vintage Sequential Circuits Six-Trak synthesizer. Continue reading
IK Multimedia has announced that it is now shipping the iRig 2 – a guitar and bass interface for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac and Android.
The iRig 2 improves on its predecessor by providing better sound quality and more universal compatibility. Continue reading
The audiomux + midimux bundle is now available in the App Store.
midimux talks MIDI to your Mac and audiomux talks audio to your Mac, using a standard usb to lightning or 30 pin cable.
midimux: MIDI via USB
- control iOS apps with hardware controllers that are connected to your Mac.
- sequence and play iOS apps using a DAW running on your Mac.
- control Mac applications or hardware connected to it, using Lemur, TouchOSC or any other app that uses MIDI.
- use iOS apps to play and sequence hardware instruments that are connected to your Mac.
- create virtual MIDI ports on the iPad/iPhone that can be mirrored to the Mac or other iDevices.
- connect more than one iOS device to the Mac – and send MIDI data between them.
Requires: iOS 5+ / Mac OSx 10.6 and Audiobus Continue reading
Developer Giel Bremmers has released an update to MultitrackStudio for iPad.
MultitrackStudio for iPad is a MIDI + audio sequencer that can handle up to 16 audio/MIDI tracks.
Both audio and MIDI tracks can be edited. MIDI editing features include piano roll, drum and score editors. Continue reading
SoundScaper – an experimental sound mini lab for iPad – has been updated.
SoundScaper is an experimental sound mini lab for creating unusual soundscapes, atmospheric textures, drones, glitches and noises based on circuit bending ideas.
Here’s what’s new in SoundScaper 1.1:
AppBC has released audiomux – an app that lets you route audio, between iOS devices and Macs, using a USB cable.
audiomux is the first app capable of streaming audio from iOS to Mac, via the standard 30pin/lightning USB cable. The app is designed to let you use your iOS apps like you would use a plugin.
AppBC is the maker of midimux, which routes MIDI between iOS & Mac over USB.
Here’s a video demo of the audiomux + midimux combo in action: Continue reading