When Akai Pro released the iMPC iPad music production center, a lot of Synthtopia readers were left wanting more. The app was fun, but it didn’t offer the full capabilities of even old-school MPCs.
It looks like that may soon change. Akai today teased this image of iMPC Pro, a new software MPC for the iPad that they say promises ’64 tracks of heavyweight music production’. Continue reading
MobMuPlat (short for Mobile Music Platform) – a free app that lets you create custom audio software for iOS – has been updated to version 1.5.
Here’s what’s new:
- AudioBus integration (input, output, and filter port).
- Menu widget, to choose item from pop-up list.
- Button to invert interface.
- Panels can optionally pass touches to scroll the canvas.
Here’s how you can create a custom app with MobMuPlat:
- Get the MobMuPlat iOS app
- Create a user interface in the MobMuPlat Editor
- Create an audio engine in PureData
- Drag those two files into the MobMuPlat Documents folder in iTunes
- Play your app on your iOS device.
Here’s a video intro to MobMuPlat:
MobMuPlat is a free download from the App Store.
If you’ve tried MobMuPlat, let us know what you’re doing with it!
This video, via Alessandro Fasan, demonstrates a fairly extreme synth DIY mod to his Korg Monotron Duo.
Here’s what Fasan has to say about the mod: Continue reading
apeSoft has updated iVCS3, its software recreation of the classic EMS VCS3 analog synthesizer.
The update adds AudioBus 2 support, MIDI program change, improved VCOs, an in-app manual and more.
Here’s what’s new in iVCS3 v1.1: Continue reading
Morph Board is a free tool designed to make it easy to store, recall and morph presets on Liine’s Lemur app for the iPad. Continue reading
midiSequencer for iPad – a software step sequencer – has been updated to version 1.5.
Here’s what’s new:
- Completely rewritten to use MidiBus library to get rock solid midi clock, messages and OMAC & enable future features (e.g. sysex & MTC).
- Now have 4 optional & independant midi controllers per step.
- Improved graphic performance on most controls & app switching (50% less CPU).
- Device panel allowing individual device(network, virtual, midi interface or app) setting of active(on/off), midi clock(active) & latency.
- Latency per interface from 0 to 1000ms for manual synchronisation control on external equipment and slow apps
- File save/load/rename/delete of working bank = named file of 20 snapshots + user entered description
- Skip buttons brings up moveable panel for easy changes during play
- Introduced note conform to scales (chromatic, major & harmonic minor ascending) with enharmonic note names.
- Increased gate% to 400 to allow extended note on (and therefore overlapping note play, longer/shorter ornaments etc)
- Clock multipler – now shows all 4 options at once for multiples.
- Ability to draw controls using swipe and instant place using double tap (both optional via settings).
- Banks can be shared via email and managed externally via iTunes file sharing.
Omenie has updated its virtual Mellotron for iPad, Mellotronics M3000 HD, with new ‘tapes’ from the Streetly Electronics archive. Continue reading
On the latest episode of Sonic Touch, Nick Batt & Gaz Williams take a look at AudioBus 2 and mastering on your iPad with Final Touch. They’re joined by the head honcho at Discchord.com, Tim Webb. Continue reading