Developer Alexey Nadzharov has introduced rrarrow - described as an ‘experimental modular audio effect and noise machine’ for the iPad.
- Simplicity – The interface is simplified for faster assembly and more flexible connectivity – you can assemble your effect very fast and control all the processing parameters with the audio signal!
- Feedback capabilities – You can add feedbacks to the audio chain to get some chaotic noise sounds .
- Twelve blocks for audio processing:
- Sine generator. Basic oscillator with sine waveform
- Signal multiplier
- Frequency shifter
- Envelope follower
- Lorenz attractor
- Special Lowpass filter
- Nonlinear shaper (for self-oscillating circuit)
- Audiobus support. Now you can stream live audio directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps! See http://audiob.us for more information. Works as input and filter.
- Background audio support: enabled when connected to Audiobus and user switchable otherwise.
Here’s a video introduction: Continue reading
IK Multimedia today announced the updated GrooveMaker 2 (v1.1), their mobile loop based music making app and “groove generator.” The new version adds universal compatibility to provide iPad users with an intuitive groove making interface and full suite of tools and effects for creating music and grooves “on the go” on an iPad.
GrooveMaker 2 For iPad Key Features: Continue reading
Marinus J.G. van de Molengraft has released DrumPerfect – a drum sequencer for IOS 7, designed for creating natural sounding drum tracks.
DrumPerfect features three extensive editors to create very ‘human’ drum sequences:
- An extensive pattern editor in which each individual drum stroke has its own velocity, timing and probability. Each pattern has its own BPM, time signature and beat subdivision settings. Multiple strokes can be linked to a single probabilistic event.
- An extensive kit editor with up to 16 different drum kits with 16 instruments each. Every instrument consists of up to 16 different user-selectable audio samples.
- An extensive song editor in which a song is built of pattern/kit events.
The ‘Two-handed’ and ‘Humanize’ features give a human feel to the rhythm by modeling the human drummer restrictions and variations.
Here are audio demos of DrumPerfect in action: Continue reading
VirSyn has released microTera for iPad – a waveshaping synthesizer.
Waveshaping Synthesis is a type of distortion synthesis that can create dynamic spectra in a controlled way. In waveshaping, it is possible to change the spectrum with the amplitude of the sound. A simple example of this method is the clipping caused by overdriving an audio amplifier.
microTera supports key technologies for iOS users, including AudioBus, Inter-App Audio & CoreMIDI.
Here’s a demo of microTera in action: Continue reading
Wolfram Franke (Waldorf) has announced an update to his groove synthesizer for iPad, Stroke Machine.
Franke says, “Stroke Machine V1.0.2 contains lots of bug fixes, improvements and new additions. One of the most important features especially for customers with older iPads is an adjustable audio buffer size to up to 1024 samples for a much better performance.”
The update also includes Inter-App Audio, Virtual MIDI, MIDI Clock Synchronization, AudioCopy, Kit and Sound sharing, finer value adjustments, among other changes, along with fixes of all reported bugs.
New Features in Stroke Machine V1.0.2 Include: Continue reading
Positive Grid has introduced BIAS for iPhone - an amp designer, modeler and effects processor. According to the company, BIAS is ‘warm, accurate and more versatile than any other modeler, processor in hardware or software ever created’. Continue reading
Jazzman Ltd is back with an update to its Patch Morpher app, which works as a patch generator, editor, librarian and an interactive performance tool for synthesizers.
Patch Morpher 2 introduces some major new features. In addition to the four new synths supported, it includes some powerful enhancements to the patch generator, which give the user a lot more control.
Richard Meyer, developer of Patch Morpher, says, “Users can also now ‘morph’ each section independently: pitch, tone, filter, envelopes, effects, etc. Combined with the ‘Nearest’ option in the Patch Generator, it now possible to copy entire parameter sections form your favorite patches to mix and match how you please.” Continue reading
Cakewalk has announced that their Z3TA+ software synthesizer – formerly available for Mac & Windows – is now also available for the iPad.
Z3TA+ iOS puts the full power of Z3TA+2 onto the iPad – with hundreds of presets, modulatable waveshaping, dual mode filters, and flexible effects,
We were able to check this out with Cakewalk at the 2014 NAMM Show. It was clear that they not only were trying to include key iPad synth features (MIDI, Inter-App Audio, AudioBus, etc), but that they had also put a lot of thought into translating Z3TA+ to the iPad’s multi-touch UI.
Here’s the official video preview: Continue reading