At the 2015 NAMM Show, Keith McMillen Instruments has introduced the K-Mix – described as a ‘next generation audio interface and programmable mixer’.
The KMI K-Mix is a genre-blurring device. It’s a powerful control surface, like many of the company’s previous devices. But it’s also a hardware mixer and an 8 in/10 out audio interface. Continue reading
At the 2015 NAMM Show, Rupert Neve Designs will be introducing two new products:
- the RNDI Active Transformer Direct Interface, and
- the R6 Six Space 500 Series Rack.
Here’s what Neve has to say about them: Continue reading
This video, via Elegyscores, features Hans Zimmer discussing the creation of the sundtrack for Christopher Nolan’s film Interstellar.
2015 NAMM Show: Shure has introduced the MOTIV microphone line, a new range of microphones that is designed to be easy to use with Mac, PC or Apple iOS devices.
All four members of the new MOTIV range are Apple MFi (made for iPhone, iPod, or iPad) certified devices, including three condenser models (the MV5, MV88 stereo model, and MV51 large-diaphragm model) and a digital audio interface (MVi) that can connect directly to any iOS device without additional adapters or connection kits. Continue reading
IK Multimedia has introduced iRig 2, the sequel to IK’s iRig guitar interface,
iRig 2 builds on its predecessor, adding an input gain control, a ¼” amplifier output jack and Android compatibility.
Here are the details…. Continue reading
IK Multimedia has announced that it’s now shipping the iRig Mic Field, a “pocketable” and adjustable stereo digital microphone for audio and video field recording with Lightning-compatible iOS devices.
iRig Mic Field Features:
- Digital stereo field-recording mic which connects to iOS devices via the Lightning port
- Lightweight and “pocketable” design
- Rotates 90° for optimal audio/video positioning; locks in place with comfortable-to-use controls
- Ideal for music recording, video shoots or any field recording application
- Integrated headphone output for immediate real-time audio monitoring
- Gain control and multicolor LED indicator for easy and accurate level adjustment
- 2 high-quality cardioid electret condenser capsules
- 24-bit, 44.1 – 48 kHz A/D conversion
Here’s their official intro video: Continue reading
The latest episode of the SoundWorks Collection – a series that looks at all aspects of music and sound for cinema – takes a look at the sound of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Continue reading
The latest episode of the SoundWorks Collection video series takes a look at the sound of Interstellar. Continue reading