Mackie has introduced the new Mix Series Compact Mixers, with three new models:
- the Mix5 5-Channel Compact Mixer;
- the Mix8 8-Channel Compact Mixer; and
- ]the Mix12FX 12-Channel Compact Mixer with Effects.
Mix Series mixers are the most affordable mixer produced by Mackie. According to Mackie, the new line of mixers offer a feature set perfect for smaller applications. Continue reading
This week Universal Audio announced its new line of UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt DSP Accelerators, for use with Thunderbolt-equipped Macs and shipping early October.
UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt DSP Accelerators enable Thunderbolt-equipped Mac users to run larger mixes filled with DSP-intensive plug-ins. These “desktop-friendly” units provide full access to UAD Powered Plug-Ins, including exclusive plug-ins from Studer, Ampex, Lexicon, Neve, Manley, SSL, and more.
The Alesis iO Mix iPad Recording Dock is featured in the latest episode of Sweetwater’s iOS Update. Continue reading
Tascam has introduced two new digital audio recorders with WiFi support, the DR-22WL Portable Recorder With WiFi and the DR-44WL Portable Recorder with WiFi.
The DR-22WL, right, s the first portable recorder to include WiFi for transport control, file transfer, and audio streaming to your smartphone or PC.
- WiFi transport control for remote start
- File transfer and streaming to smartphones or computers over WiFi
- Free control and transfer app for iOS and Android
- Free file transfer software for Mac & Windows
- New stereo condenser microphones arranged in close XY pattern
- New mic preamp and A/D converters for better sound quality and longer battery life
- High volume recording – up to 120dB SPL
- 8-position Scene Dial for typical recording situations, including full manual setting
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit recording (WAV/BWF) or MP3 recording
- 1/8” stereo mic input with plug-in power
- 128×128 graphic LCD with backlight
- Supports up to 128GB microSDXC card (4GB microSDHC card included)
- Variable Speed Audition changes speed without changing the pitch for transcription or learning new music
Is automatic online mastering any good?
Mastering Engineer Ian Shepherd, who recently shared a series of videos on creating a home mastering studio, looks at LANDR, an instant online mastering service. Continue reading
This video, via Nick Maynard of EXPLORING AUDIO, takes a look at using a Tascam Portastudio as sort of sample playback instrument. Continue reading
Audio technology company iZotope has released the latest update of their RX series of audio repair tools. iZotope’s RX software “fixes” flawed audio by removing noises, distortions, reverb, and other common audio problems.
Announced earlier this summer, the new RX 4 and RX 4 Advanced tool kits incorporate new workflow-optimizing functionality into audio and video editing.
Thursday, IK Multimedia announced iRig Mic Field, a small new “pocketable” and adjustable stereo digital microphone for audio and video field recording with Lightning-compatible iOS devices.
iRig Mic Field Features:
- Digital stereo field-recording mic which connects to iOS devices via the Lightning port
- Lightweight and “pocketable” design
- Rotates 90° for optimal audio/video positioning; locks in place with comfortable-to-use controls
- Ideal for music recording, video shoots or any field recording application
- Integrated headphone output for immediate real-time audio monitoring
- Gain control and multicolor LED indicator for easy and accurate level adjustment
- 2 high-quality cardioid electret condenser capsules
- 24-bit, 44.1 – 48 kHz A/D conversion