B. Serrano has released Anubis, a free polyphonic software synthesizer for Windows.
- 16-notes polyphony
- 2 oscillators with X-Mod and Sync
- Randomizable ADSR
- Graphical modulation envelopes up to 32 stages
- 2 LFOs; host BPM syncable
- 1 multi-mode filter (same as Adonis 2); Randomizable
- 7×7 modulation-matrix
- Tremolo; host BPM syncable
- MIDI learn
- CPU friendly
If you’ve used Anubis, leave a comment with your thoughts!
Akai Professional has announced that the Akai Miniak is now available.
The Miniak combines Akai’s control surface with Alesis’ synth engine.
The Miniak lets you create programs with up to eight multi-timbral voices, each with three oscillators. You can create complex sounds using the Miniak?s two multimode filters, three envelope generators, two LFOs, stereo effects and 40-band vocoder with gooseneck microphone. The MINIAK also has a comprehensive sequencer with step and dynamic real time phrase sequencing, a drum machine/rhythm sequencer and an arpeggiator.
The MINIAK is available from musical instrument and professional audio retailers and has a U.S. Retail Price of $699.00 with an estimated street price of $499.00.
If you’ve used the Akai Professional Miniak synthesizer, leave a comment with your thoughts. Continue reading
Remember those classic electronic drum sounds of the 80s?
There’s a good chance that what you remember is the sound of the the Simmons drum synthesizer.
The video above captures some manual tweaking of a Simmons SDS 8 Drum Synthesizer.
If you’ve used the Simmons drum synthesizer, leave a comment with your thoughts! Continue reading
Apple has released Logic Express 9, the entry-level version of its industry standard DAW, Logic Pro.
Like the new version of Logic Pro Studio, Logic Express 9 adds a variety of features for guitarists and flex time, Apple’s tools for editing the timing and tempo of recorded audio.
- More than 70 studio-quality effect plug-ins, including vintage and modern compressors, delays, reverbs, and more;
- New Amp Designer plug-in to help you re-create the sound of 25 legendary amps and 25 speaker cabinets;
- New Pedalboard plug-in with an assortment of 30 virtual stompbox pedals inspired by the classics;
- 36 software instrument plug-ins, including the Ultrabeat drum synth and beatbox, ES2 synth, and EXS24 sampler.
At$199.99, and featuring most of the power of the very competitively priced Logic Pro, Logic Express 9 may be the best deal in entry-level DAWs.
If you’ve used Logic Express 9, leave a comment with your thoughts!
Meatscience has introduced the Open Impulse Response Library, a free impulse response library for users of all convolution reverbs.
- Free for users of ANY convolution reverb.
- Easy to upload.
- Supports WAVE/AIFF/SDII/FLAC (libsndfile).
- Clean, attractive user interface.
- Onsite playback of convolved IRs.
- Coming soon : Batch upload / 4 Channel Support.
If you’re a convolution reverb users, check it out and leave a comment here on your impressions.
DJ Magazine took the Akai Pro MPD32 for a spin.
The MPD32 is a MIDI-over-USB performance pad controller for DJs, programmers, producers, and others musicians.
If you’ve used the Akai Pro MPD32, leave a comment with your thoughts! Continue reading