Developer 4Pockets has updated Aurora Sound Studio HD, its Tenori On style music sequencer for the iPad.
New in version 1.5, Aurora Sound Studio HD gets support for AudioBus.
- 14 Instrument tracks
- 12 Notes polyphony per track
- 4 Independent Engines – Drum Machine, Analog Synth, Pad Synth and Sampler
- 32 Patterns per song
- Chain up to 199 Patterns in Song mode
- 3 Effect sends per track.
- 9 Effects including ? Delay, Reverb, Chorus etc
- Allows creation of custom instrument patches.
- Layer Automation
- XY Mode
- Splice and Dice Audio with Atomizer Mode
- Inbuilt Sample Recording
- Export Songs as WAV and AAC
Aurora Sound Studio HD is available in the App Store for $39.99.
Developer 4Pockets has updated Meteor Multitrack Recorder with AudioBus support and more.
Here’s what’s new in Meteor v1.4:
- This version of Meteor now supports the AudioBus application, allowing you to record live audio directly from other compatible applications.
- Allows transferring of .mov, .m4a and .m4v files to and from DropBox.
- You can now import videos from a file as well as the Camera Roll (using the video plugin).
- Added a Reset Audio option to the ‘Help’ menu.
- Added support for push notifications.
- Fixed a bug which prevented pan controllers to be transmitted to connected MIDI instruments.
4Pockets Audio, creator of Aurora Sound Studio & Meteor Multi-Track Recorder, reports that a new movie, Gothic Assassins, features a soundtrack created using iPads and iPhones:
The new Milos Twilight movie Gothic Assassins due for release shortly has a soundtrack entirely composed on Apple iPad?s and iPhones. Whilst many might have branded Milos as mad when they first heard his concept for creating his soundtrack check out some of these tracks to see just what he has accomplished.
Milos used a range of apps including Meteor Multitrack Recorder, Aurora Sound Studio HD and StompBox.
4Pockets has announced a big update to Aurora Sound Studio HD, an app that turns an iPad into a Tenori On inspired music production system.
At $39.99, it’s one of the more expensive iPad music apps, but it’s also one of the deepest, supporting synthesis, step sequencing, song sequencing, layer automation, performance effects, sampling and a 14-track mixer.
The new version includes the following features and updates.
- Core MIDI Out Support – Aurora now allows you to use an external keyboard as a sound source, replacing the internal synthesizer engines. This new feature can be used by the sequencer and for live play.
- Octave Control – An Octave control has been added to the Layer Properties dialog allowing you to transpose both MIDI output and internal instruments.
- PasteBoard Support – PasteBoard support has been added to allow copying all or part of a songs audio to other applications. Aurora also allows you to copy multi-track audio directly into our multi-track recorder Meteor.
- Export to Wav – A new ‘Export To WAV’ option allows a fully automated export of the current song to a WAV file and an alternative to ‘Record To File’ which allows you to record live performances.
- Hold Notes – allows consecutive notes to be to be treated as a single held note, rather than repeat triggering of the note. This can be turned on or off on a layer by layer basis.
- Paste Sample – Added the ability to paste sample data from the global PasteBoard into the Sampler so long as the sample length is less than 10 seconds,
- MIDI Clock – An experimental MIDI clock feature has been added to synchronise with external MIDI devices.
The update has been submitted to Apple, but is not in the App store yet.
Developer 4Pockets has introduced Meteor – a digital multi-track recorder designed specifically for the iPad.
Meteor MultiTrack Recorder features up to 12 tracks of udio, a built-in mixer and multi-effects processor. Meteor is designed for creating musical compositions, but could also be a useful tool for journalists, podcasters and others that need to splice and piece together voice notes, narration or dictation.
Compositions once mixed can be exported to standard file formats for use on your desktop PC or MAC.
Meteor is $19.99. Details below. Continue reading