In this official Arturia video interview, Jean-Benoît Dunckel of Air meets the Arturia MiniBrute and shares his impressions.
French duo Air perform Missing The Light, from Love 2, live in the studio.
Air, made up of Nicolas Godin and Jean-Benoît Dunckel, worked with RJDJ to create five, real-time ?soundscapes? that enable fans to listen to Love in a new way, as an exclusive app only version.
The app offers five reactive music remixes for Love:
- Chanter ? puts your voice in the music, letting you sing, speak or add your own sounds into the mix
- Harmonie – vocodes sounds in realtime and makes them harmonise with the music
- Papillon ? samples tiny segments of sounds and creates audio butterflies from them, flying around inside the music
- Voler ? creates a rising texture of sound by sampling reality and layering / filtering them with the music
- Voyage ? takes you on a musical journey through all of the soundscapes
The RJDJ Air App is now available in the Apple App Store for $1.99.
This is the music video for Air’s So Light Is Her Footfall.
This video has been done to be seen in the “Videobox”, an installation initiated by Thomas Israël and Jacques Urbanska.
This installation is a box of 1 m by 2 m, the lid is a projection screen. The viewer is alone, lying down and watching the screen above him (less than a meter). The sound system surrounds the viewer.
“Videobox” will be presented at various festivals.
“Videobox” info : projet-percept.be
Directed by Hugo Arcier. 2009
Music : Air “do the joy”
Saturday Synth Porn: Inside Air‘s Atlas studio in Paris.
French duo Air recently built their own studio and stuffed it full of very sexy vintage synthesizers. They give the Guardian a private tour and talk about their new album, Love 2.
Note the stack of cases with labels like theremin, EMS Vocoder, MPC 2000 & LinnDrum. And the Memotron and the Korg MS-20 and the Solina String Synthesizer…..