AmpliTube 2.5 is a major upgrade for AmpliTube, a guitar amp and FX app for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. It now also includes full MIDI control and Digital Audio in and out.
Now you can control AmpliTube 2.5 remotely using an iOS compatible MIDI interface, like iRig MIDI, a standard foot controller or any other MIDI controller. This lets you:
- Send preset up and down commands
- Assign presets to switches or other controls, and
- Control any amp or FX parameter with the learn function
IK Multimedia has updated AmpliTube for iPad, its mobile effects processing app.
AmpliTube for iPad puts a guitar/bass rig at your fingertips, with 4 stompbox effects amp-head, cabinet and microphone. Choose from 11 built-in stompbox effects (delay, fuzz, overdrive, wah, envelope filter, chorus, flanger, phaser, octave, noise filter + distortion once registered), 5 amps (clean, crunch, lead, metal, bass) with full controls, 5 speaker cabinets and 2 microphones (dynamic and condenser).
AmpliTube for iPad 2.5 adds:
- Slash gear models available for in-app purchase
- New Mixer/Recorder section with loop points, visual metronome, tap tempo
- Digital audio in/out support
- MIDI support
- Audio Copy/Paste
- Retina display support
- Restore In-App purchases
- New export via SoundCloud and FTP
AmpliTube For iPad is $19.99 in the App Store.
IK Multimedia have introduced iRig MIDI – a CoreMIDI interface for iPhone, iPod touch & iPad and SampleTank for iOS.
iRig MIDI is a compact standard CoreMIDI interface for iOS that connects any MIDI compatible device to the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
This, along with CoreMIDI interfaces from Yamaha and Line 6, mean that there’s now competition in the world of MIDI interfaces for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
iRig MIDI connects MIDI keyboards, drum machines, drum pads, pedal boards and more to an iOS device to control not only the included SampleTank Free, but also a world of MIDI-compatible apps such as GarageBand.
You can also use iOS apps to control external MIDI equipment such as sound modules, DAWs or lighting systems right from the mobile device.
The included SampleTank for iOS also offers a mobile alternative to traditional software and hardware sound modules. According to IK Multimedia – SampleTank has been designed ‘from the ground up to work as a live performance instrument’, where it can access as a vast 1GB library of over 500 ready-to-use sounds.
IK Multimedia iRig MIDI is ‘coming soon’ and will sell for US $69.99.
We’ve been accused of being iOS fanboys, but we’re actually a bit skeptical about the iWah – a pedal + dock that turns your iPad into a $700 wah pedal.
A $700 glass wah pedal, sitting by your foot, on a dark stage.
Check out the video demo and let us know what you think……
Details below. Continue reading
IK Multimedia has released AmpliTube 2 (App Store link) for iPod touch, iPhone and iPad:
Turn your iPhone/iPod touch into the ultimate mobile guitar and bass multi-effect processor and mobile recording studio! Use the AmpliTube iRig interface adapter to connect your guitar to your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad and you are ready to rock!
Play, practice and record anytime, anywhere with world-class guitar and bass tones right in the palm of your hand. AmpliTube for iPhone gives you incredible ultra-realistic tones and effects, plus full multitrack recording capabilities in a convenient mobile app, all from the leader in analog gear modeling software for professional recording studios.
- 5 new stomp effects available as in-app purchase
- Improved sound with DSP parts derived from AmpliTube and T-RackS for Mac/PC Apps (www.amplitube.com, www.t-racks.com)
- Built-in recorder with re-amping
- Multitrack recorder with 4 tracks and master FX section with 3 effects available as in app purchase
- Export your recordings and mixes as high quality audio files or send them by email as MP3s
- Import songs as backing tracks directly from your iPod library on your device or your computer using file sharing or Wi-Fi
- Speedtrainer for slow down/speed up imported songs without affecting the pitch
- Up to 50 songs can now be imported
- New preset naming feature
If you’ve used Amplitube 2, leave a comment and let us know what you think! Continue reading