Open Music Labs has introduced x0x-heart – a new clone of the Roland TB-303 synthesizer voice.
Purists may argue that it’s a clone of the second cousin of a clone of the original TB-303, but $79 gets you a populated PCB + power supply. Buyers will need to add pots, controls & a case or panel.
x0x-heart is an SMT replica of the TB-303?s analog voice, complete with VCO, VCA, VCF, and envelope generators. It’s meant to be a base upon which you can build ‘a highly acidic synthesizer’.
Here’s a demo of the x0x-heart in action, sequenced by a 303: Continue reading
In this video, Keith Robert Murray gives an overview and demo of the EMS Synthi analog synthesizer.
via krmelectronics, an audible hum
The Two Thousand Six Hundred, or TTSH for short, is a new DIY synth project, inspired by the classic ARP 2600 semi-modular analog synthesizer.
The TTSH is now available as a kit for 4000 SEK (about US $600), containing PCBs and the powder-coated and screen-printed front panel. This is an advanced DIY project – nothing is pre-built and no electronic components are included. Builders will have to source their own parts, which is detailed at the project site. A case is also available.
Reader Thom Martin has released his version of Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker Suite, arranged in the ‘switched on’ style for analog monophonic synthesizers.
A Switched-On Nutcracker is available via Bandcamp. Continue reading
Elektron has officially introduced the Analog Keys – a flagship analog synthesizer that offers analog synthesis, digital controls, and ‘unprecedented playability’.
Key features include:
- 100% analog signal path
- Seamless integration with MIDI controller functionality, CV/Gate connectivity, assignable joystick and more
- Fully customizable voice allocation lets you use it as a four voice synth, four independent synth, as a massive unison monosynth and anything in between
- Dual filter action with 4-pole lowpass and 2-pole multi-mode filters
- Effects including Wideshift Chorus, Saturator Delay and Supervoid Reverb
- Built-in step sequencer
- Flexible modulation architecture
- Massive storage space lets you store over 4,000 sounds
- Connections include individual stereo outs per voice, two audio inputs, two dual cv/gate outputs, USB & MIDI & DIN sync
We’ve got the full details, including video & audio demos, specifications, pricing and more. Check out the details and let us know what you think of the Elektron Analog Keys! Continue reading
Sunday Synth Jam: MacBeth Studio Systems’ Ken MacBeth improvises on his prototype Nexus touch keyboard analogue synthesizer.