At BlackBerry Live – an annual event focusing on the Blackberry platform - CEO Thorsten Heins introduced the latest version of BlackBerry OS, BB10.1.
Heins also told attendees that Moog will be bringing its synthesizer app Animoog, previously exclusive to iOS, to the BB10 platform. Moog shared an image, right, that shows Animoog working on Blackberry.
The huge growth in mobile music apps has left some Android-using musicians and developers frustrated, because of years of inaction on Google’s part to address latency issues on Android. Latency is enough of a problem on the platform that music app developers have focused on iOS, despite a larger possible audience on the Android platform. Continue reading
Developer Affinity Blue has introduced a new app, Tunable, for Android and iOS.
Tunable is a chromatic tuner, tone/chord generator and metronome that helps musicians learn to play steadily, in tune, and on beat.
Featuring a unique tuning history display for visualizing pitch over time, Tunable is designed to be a toolkit for professional and beginning musicians. Continue reading
Nils Schneider has introduced Heat – a new virtual analog synthesizer for Android that also offers VST integration for Windows.
- Full-featured virtual analogue subtractive synthesizer, optimized for mobile devices
- Available as Demo and Pro version in the Google Play Store
- Full VST 2.3 integration for Windows x86 and x64
- Collaborative Preset Browser, store your delicious sounds online directly and share them with the community
- Browse through thousands of sounds created by other people around the world
- Design your sounds offline while on the way and use your sounds later in a VST-compatible sequencer of your choice
Here’s a demo of Heat in action: Continue reading
Sonoma Wire Works wants to fix the Android audio latency problem.
At the 2013 Winter NAMM Show, Sonoma Wire Works announced the development of a low-latency audio (LLA) solution for Android smartphones and other devices.
Typical input to output latency on Android devices is between 100 and 250 milliseconds. According to Sonoma Wire Works, their LLA solution brings latency down to approximately 20 milliseconds. Continue reading
IK Multimedia has announced that five of its iOS audio products – iRig Mic, iRig Mic Cast, iRig PRE, iRig Mix and iKlip Studio – are now compatible with Android devices.
Here are the details: Continue reading
Developer Single Cell Software has updated Caustic 2 for Android, adding MIDI Support and more.
Caustic 2 is a rack-mount virtual studio that lets you use synthesizers and samplers to create music. It lets you create a virtual rack, using any 6 of these machines:
- Virtual analog subtractive synthesizer
- PCM synthesizer
- BassLine synthesizer (303-like synth)
- Sampling drum machine