According to Apple-focused news site MacRumors, Camel Audio has been acquired by Apple.
Apple appears to have acquired popular music plug-in and effect maker Camel Audio, based on information found on corporate registry site Companies House [PDF].
Camel Audio’s address has been updated to 100 New Bridge Street, which is Apple’s London address, and the company’s sole director is now listed as Apple lawyer Heather Joy Morrison, suggesting the company is in the possession of Apple.
In 2012, Apple bought Italian sample management software Redmatica, maker of sample management tools, leaving fans of the tools wondering if they would return.
Now, CDM reports that Redmatica’s AutoSampler has returned – as a MainStage plug-in, Auto Sampler. I
It’s part of Apple’s MainStage 3.1, which is tool designed to let you use Mac virtual instruments in live performance. The app has been used by Nine Inch Nails to power their live show. Continue reading
Apple has updated Logic Pro X, introducing new virtual drummers, a Drum Machine Designer, an updated Compressor, an expanded sound library and more. Continue reading
Apple quietly rolled out an update to GarageBand for OS X, earlier this week, that adds support for OS X Yosemite and brings back control over audio effect plugins.
GarageBand 10 is seen by many as an improvement in usability, but a major step backwards in functionality from the previous version. The update restores some functionality, but many may still prefer the earlier version. Continue reading
Wooji Juice, creator of Mitosynth & Grain Science synthesizers and Hokusai audio editor for iOS, has shared the results of some initial experimentation with a new option under iOS 8 – Extensions.
Extensions are designed to allow applications to share features, which are made available in other applications. Apple’s examples include sending alerts to notification center, adding new system-level social media sharing, providing access to file repositories and adding custom keyboards.
Wooji Juice is exploring how Extensions can be used for audio. In their example, an Extension is used to add the option to reverse audio Mitosynth. Continue reading
Apple today introduced a new 21.5-inch iMac, priced starting at $1,099. But. while it may be an elegant and relatively affordable all-in-one computer, the entry-level model sacrifices performance for pricing.
The new 21.5-inch iMac features a 1.4 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor, with Turbo Boost Speeds up to 2.7 GHz, Intel HD 5000 graphics, 8GB of memory and a 500 GB hard drive. Continue reading
Apple today introduced iOS 8, at its World Wide Developer Conference (WWDC), being held June 2-6 in San Francisco, CA.
While iOS 7 was a dramatic makeover, IOS 8 focuses on refining and polishing the mobile OS.
- Faster and more intuitive user experience;
- iCloud Photo Library lets you use your photos and videos more easily across your devices;
- New Messages features to easily share voice, video or photos with just a swipe;
- New Health app that gives you a clear overview of your health and fitness data all
- Predictive typing for Apple’s QuickType keyboard;
- Extended Spotlight capabilities that integrates results from the Web, including articles from Wikipedia, findings from the news and results from places nearby;
- Family Sharing, which lets you share music, purchases, photos and calendars within the same household; and
- iCloud Drive, so you can store files and access them from anywhere.
Key features that may be of interest to musicians: Continue reading
Apple today introduced the latest version of OS X, Yosemite, at the World Wide Developer Conference (WWDC), being held June 2-6 in San Francisco, CA.
Key new features include:
- The UI has been streamlined, making it more iOS-like, but not a shocking change;
- iCloud Drive is located within the Finder and lets you store any type of file and share it across devices;
- Handoff lets you start an activity on one device and pass it to the other; and
- Instant Hotspot makes using your iPhone’s hotspot as easy as connecting to a Wi-Fi network.
In addition to an updated UI, Yosemite features several key features that may have special interest to musicians: Continue reading