Arturia has announced the availability of Spark 2, introducing an update UI and new features to its software drum machine for Mac and Windows.
While Spark has always been built on a fully-modular VA (Virtual Analogue) sound engine, originally only developers had access. With the all-new Modular screen, Spark 2 users can now add and subtract modules (including Oscillator, multimode Filter and Karplus-Strong Filter, Envelope, Lfo, MiniMixer, RingMod, and Bode Frequency Shifter); create their own patch routings; and assign up to six macro controls for immediate control. Continue reading
2014 NAMM Show: Arturia has announced Spark 2.0, featuring a new interface that allows users to add and subtract modules (including oscillators, multimode filters and Karplus-Strong filter, ADR envelopes, LFOs, mixers, ring modulator, Bode Frequency Shifter, spring mass, and CV processor); create their own patch routings; and assign up to six macro controls for immediate control.
Spark’s fully-modular VA (Virtual Analogue) sound engine adds 50 new kits, including no fewer than 800 new instruments, that span more musical genres than ever before. The kits come complete with 32 patterns that can be used by themselves or to form the basis of user-programmed beats. Continue reading
Yesterday, Arturia announced the release of Spark 1.7, a major update to the software engine that drives its SPARK Creative Drum Machine and SparkLE Creative Drum Machine hybrid hardware/software instruments.
The Spark 1.7 software engine allows faster loading times for Spark Creative Drum Machine and SparkLE Creative Drum Machine users.
Key changes in SPARK 1.7 Continue reading
Arturia has introduced Spark EDM, a production and performance software suite dedicated to electronic dance music production, and EDM, an Expansion Pack for its Spark and SparkLE. Continue reading
2013 NAMM Show: Arturia has introduced SparkLE – a new ‘hybrid instrument’ that combines software and a MIDI drum machine controller.
- Full featured Spark Software
- 3 synthesis engines: Virtual analog, Physical Modeling, Sample playback
- Works Standalone & as a plug-in (VST, VST3, AU, RTAS)
- Backlit velocity and pressure sensitive Pads
- Touch sensitive FX pad
- Mode selector – Bank, Pattern, Seq, Tune
- Bus powered, class compliant USB input
- User assignable encoders
- Advanced Looper Divide/Move function
- Classic ‘TR style’ programming
- Real-time programming from the pads
- Protective travel sleeve
- Small, Portable, Solid construction
- MIDI mode for use as a controller with any software
Arturia has announced availability of SPARK DubStep, a software suite dedicated to heavy-duty dubstep rhythm track construction.
- 30 different kits ranging from pure wobble anthems to revisited EDM and Hip Hop tracks on dub steroids.
- More than 960 pre-programmed MIDI patterns, that you can also customize to your needs.
- Made for live performance: FX Pad, Looper, Slicer and Real-time automation on all parameters.
- 14 high quality effects : Multiband Compressor, Reverb, Sub generator, Destroyer, Bit crusher, Multiband EQ, Chorus, Delay, Distortion, Phaser, Plate reverb, Flanger, Space pan, Limiter.
- Spark’s Step Sequencer makes track creation a breeze.
- Perfect integration: 16 independant audio outputs, midi I/O.
- Unparalleled sound quality based on virtual analog synthesis (TAE®) and high resolution sampling.
- Playable through any MIDI keyboard or drumpads.
This video, via airusersblog, offers an extendeded review of Arturia Spark Vintage Drum Machines – a software-only version of its Spark drum machine.
Arturia has announced a new ‘Hybrid Madness’ deal that lets you get up to seven of its software instruments for free when purchasing any Analog Experience keyboard or Spark drum machine through June 30, 2012.