Wolfgang Palm has updated PPG WaveGenerator, adding AU support for Apple Logic Pro X and Garageband.
The new single installer includes both Mac and PC installers with VST for PC and VST and AU for Mac.
Other changes in this version include: Continue reading
Sound Guru has introduced The Mangle, a new granular synth/sampler plugin for Mac OS X (WIndows version planned).
- Animated granular display - Visualize your grain stream. Individual grains move across the waveform in real time. Amplitude, pitch and envelope are also represented.
- Drag & drop modulation - Creating new modulations is easy – just drag the modulator to its target, then set the amount with in-place markers showing changes.
- Resizable vector interface - The Mangle’s interface is rendered dynamically as vectors – resize it with no loss in quality. Handy for live performance.
- Dual sequencers - The Mangle is also great for making rhythmic patterns. A pair of sequencers can be used to modulate any parameter.
- Multiband waveform display - Quickly and easily see where high, mid and low frequencies are in your audio, for clearer sound setup and tweaking.
- Multi-timbral - Each instance of the plugin has 8 full ‘slots’ each with their own audio & parameters. Map them to any MIDI range for multi-timbral patches.
Here’s a demo of The Mangle in action: Continue reading
VotanDSP has introduced the Votan Platform – a new solution for bridging the worlds of iOS music applications and DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) based music production.
Here’s what they have to say about it:
How many times have you touched a great music app on iOS only to realize it’s limitations begin at the first touch? It sounds great, but capturing and utilizing the sounds for DAW can be tedious and frustrating.
Musicians need flexibility and platform unity, so that the time spent musing around on iOS, actually becomes time invested in your next hit tune. The Votan Platform fills this gap with a series of innovative and future thinking technologies.
The Votan Platform is engineered as a dual-use solution over both platforms (iOS / DAW). Everything you design on iOS will be available in your DAW. The Votan Platform takes care of everything in between. Like magic, everything will be in perfect sync.
Sinevibes has introduced Multitude, a new AudioUnit delay effect plugin for Mac that they describe as “the most sophisticated yet the most fun to use delay plugin the world has ever seen.”
Here’s what they have to say about Multitude: Continue reading
Following the recent launch of Avid Pro Tools 11, AIR Music Technology has released an updated and expanded AIR Instrument Expansion Pack. The new Instrument Expansion Pack offers compatibility with the latest Pro Tools AAX format, and includes two of AIR’s latest virtual instruments, Loom and Vacuum Pro, at no additional cost.
The AIR Instrument Expansion Pack contains:
Hybrid 2.0 — High Definition Analog Synth
Velvet 2.0 — Vintage Electric Piano Instrument
Structure 2.0 — Sampler Instrument Workstation
Strike 2.0 — Ultimate Virtual Drummer Instrument
Transfuser 2.0 — Interactive Melodic & Rhythmic Groove Creation Instrument
Loom 1.0.1 — Modular Additive Synthesizer (NEW)
Vacuum Pro 1.0.1 — Polyphonic Analogue Tube Synthesizer (NEW)
SONiVOX has released the updated version of their percussion instrument, Big Bang Universal Drums 2.0, their ‘flagship drum instrument’.
New features in Big Bang Universal Drums 2.0 include an integrated patch browser, new content, 64-bit VST and AU support, 15 GB of drum sounds; 16 kits and over 400 patches. Continue reading
Virtual instrument creator SONiVOX has released Eighty Eight Ensemble 2.0, the latest version of their flagship virtual piano instrument. New features in Version 2.0 include an integrated patch browser, enhanced EQ and effects, plus current 64-bit VST and AU support.
Eighty Eight Ensemble 2.0 features a recreation of the Steinway 9-foot CD 327 grand piano. Faithful to the original piano, Eighty Eight Ensemble 2.0 captures each note of the instrument at 16 velocity levels for dynamic accuracy.
SonicLab has updated its Cosmosf ‘advanced stochastic synthesis instrument’, adding support for AU & VST compatibility on Windows and OS X.
Here’s a summary of Cosmosf’s capabilities: Continue reading