Glitchmachines has released Scope, a modular sound generator and effects processing plugin, for Mac & Windows, that is geared toward experimental sound design and electronic music production.
Scope’s open-ended graphical patching system and diverse set of modules let you create a custom audio processing environment, capable of a very broad range of effects.
- Fully patchable modular sound generator and signal processor
- Sample library with 1500+ modular SFX in 24bit/96khz .wav
- 26 Modules ranging from Oscillators & Delays to LFOs & Mixers
- Freely configurable module slots and signal flow
- Tactile graphical patching system with virtual patch cables
- Real-time animated audio analyzers and visualizers
- 160 patches from 8 cutting-edge sound designers and artists
- Cross-platform compatibility (PC/Mac – VST/AU 32bit & 64bit)
Here’s an overview of Scope: Continue reading
Sinevibes has introduced Hexonator, a new audio effect for OS X. According to Sinevibes, Hexonator ‘creates organic chord progressions, tasty melodic textures, or ambient drones out of almost anything.’ Continue reading
Auganizer is a new app for OS X, designed to let you organize large libraries of Audio Units.
Auganizer lets you rename, reorder, organize and arrange your Audio Units any way you want to. You can arrange plugins by group, sub group and custom name. For example, following Logic’s native plugin naming scheme, you could use the top folder ‘Dynamics’, sub-folder ‘Compressors’ followed by the name you like to use to identify your plugin. Continue reading
Wolfgang Palm has updated PPG WaveGenerator, adding AU support for Apple Logic Pro X and Garageband.
The new single installer includes both Mac and PC installers with VST for PC and VST and AU for Mac.
Other changes in this version include: Continue reading
Sound Guru has introduced The Mangle, a new granular synth/sampler plugin for Mac OS X (WIndows version planned).
- Animated granular display - Visualize your grain stream. Individual grains move across the waveform in real time. Amplitude, pitch and envelope are also represented.
- Drag & drop modulation - Creating new modulations is easy – just drag the modulator to its target, then set the amount with in-place markers showing changes.
- Resizable vector interface - The Mangle’s interface is rendered dynamically as vectors – resize it with no loss in quality. Handy for live performance.
- Dual sequencers - The Mangle is also great for making rhythmic patterns. A pair of sequencers can be used to modulate any parameter.
- Multiband waveform display - Quickly and easily see where high, mid and low frequencies are in your audio, for clearer sound setup and tweaking.
- Multi-timbral - Each instance of the plugin has 8 full ‘slots’ each with their own audio & parameters. Map them to any MIDI range for multi-timbral patches.
Here’s a demo of The Mangle in action: Continue reading
VotanDSP has introduced the Votan Platform – a new solution for bridging the worlds of iOS music applications and DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) based music production.
Here’s what they have to say about it:
How many times have you touched a great music app on iOS only to realize it’s limitations begin at the first touch? It sounds great, but capturing and utilizing the sounds for DAW can be tedious and frustrating.
Musicians need flexibility and platform unity, so that the time spent musing around on iOS, actually becomes time invested in your next hit tune. The Votan Platform fills this gap with a series of innovative and future thinking technologies.
The Votan Platform is engineered as a dual-use solution over both platforms (iOS / DAW). Everything you design on iOS will be available in your DAW. The Votan Platform takes care of everything in between. Like magic, everything will be in perfect sync.
Sinevibes has introduced Multitude, a new AudioUnit delay effect plugin for Mac that they describe as “the most sophisticated yet the most fun to use delay plugin the world has ever seen.”
Here’s what they have to say about Multitude: Continue reading
Following the recent launch of Avid Pro Tools 11, AIR Music Technology has released an updated and expanded AIR Instrument Expansion Pack. The new Instrument Expansion Pack offers compatibility with the latest Pro Tools AAX format, and includes two of AIR’s latest virtual instruments, Loom and Vacuum Pro, at no additional cost.
The AIR Instrument Expansion Pack contains:
- Hybrid 2.0 — High Definition Analog Synth
- Velvet 2.0 — Vintage Electric Piano Instrument
- Structure 2.0 — Sampler Instrument Workstation
- Strike 2.0 — Ultimate Virtual Drummer Instrument
- Transfuser 2.0 — Interactive Melodic & Rhythmic Groove Creation Instrument
- Loom 1.0.1 — Modular Additive Synthesizer (NEW)
- Vacuum Pro 1.0.1 — Polyphonic Analogue Tube Synthesizer (NEW)