Here’s what’s new in MIDImorphosis:
- In this version, the speed and accuracy of pitch detection has been greatly improved.
- MIDI output now supports multiple destinations, both CoreMIDI and Virtual MIDI, as well as DSMIDI Wifi.
- Audiobus support has been added, for both input and output slots.
- Audio can be imported or exported using audio copy and paste. The app supports off-line conversion of audio to MIDI, with MIDI files being available using the “open in” method, or through iTunes file sharing.
- Pitch detection now supports polyphonic playing. A toggle button selected between monophonic, small intervals, and chords.
Here’s a demo of MIDImorphosis in action: Continue reading
According to the developer, Sonuus G2M delivers high-performance, low-latency, MIDI conversion for guitar and other musical instruments.
The G2M app gives you access to the same technology of the Sonuus hardware G2M:
- Any electric guitar can be used as a solo MIDI guitar: i.e., it’s universal.
- No guitar modifications or special pickups required.
- Robust note detection — minimises wrong notes.
- Velocity detection of notes, so your playing dynamics are translated into MIDI messages.
- Fast, accurate pitch-bend determination, or alternative chromatic mode.
- Very low latency & very fast tracking.
- Built-in, precise tuner.
Here’s a demo of Sonuus G2M in action: Continue reading
AudioFront has introduced DSP Trigger Free, a feature reduced version of DSP Trigger.
It processes audio output from drum pads and converts it to MIDI without the need of a hardware drum brain. It only supports single zone pads and can output up to two separate articulations.
- Easy to use.
- Both sensitive and dynamic.
- Extremely fast and accurate triggering.
- Designed specifically for drum pads.
- Multiple articulations.
- Low CPU usage.
Blue Cat Audio has released Blue Cat’s FreqAnalyst Pro, an extended version of Blue Cat’s FreqAnalyst freeware DirectX and VST plug-in for Windows.
This new plug-in is a real time spectrum analyzer with extremely smooth response and complete control over the audio spectrum analysis, including slope and offset correction. It offers memory slots to save/restore frequency response curves for easier A/B comparison and a customizable user interface with a unique transparency feature letting you see behind it. A spectrogram view has been added to the picture to monitor the evolution of the spectrum over time. Last but not least, this plug-in is able to extract frequency information from the audio signal and export it as MIDI CC or automation curves in real time: audio effects or MIDI hardware can now be controlled by the pitch of the signal!
Blue Cat’s FreqAnalyst Pro is available as a single product or within the Analysis Pack or All Plugins Pack bundles. Demo version can be downloaded from the product pages. Continue reading