Sonuus has introduced G2M – a Universal Guitar-to-MIDI Converter app for iOS.
According to the developer, Sonuus G2M delivers high-performance, low-latency, MIDI conversion for guitar and other musical instruments.
The G2M app gives you access to the same technology of the Sonuus hardware G2M:
- Any electric guitar can be used as a solo MIDI guitar: i.e., it’s universal.
- No guitar modifications or special pickups required.
- Robust note detection ? minimises wrong notes.
- Velocity detection of notes, so your playing dynamics are translated into MIDI messages.
- Fast, accurate pitch-bend determination, or alternative chromatic mode.
- Very low latency & very fast tracking.
- Built-in, precise tuner.
Here’s a demo of Sonuus G2M in action: Continue reading
Reader Julien Bayle is one of the early beta testers for Ableton Live 9. He’s also an Ableton Certified trainer, which comes across in his demo video for Live 9′s new audio to MIDI feature.
AudioFront has introduced DSP Trigger Free, a feature reduced version of DSP Trigger.
It processes audio output from drum pads and converts it to MIDI without the need of a hardware drum brain. It only supports single zone pads and can output up to two separate articulations.
- Easy to use.
- Both sensitive and dynamic.
- Extremely fast and accurate triggering.
- Designed specifically for drum pads.
- Multiple articulations.
- Low CPU usage.
Blue Cat Audio has released Blue Cat’s FreqAnalyst Pro, an extended version of Blue Cat’s FreqAnalyst freeware DirectX and VST plug-in for Windows.
This new plug-in is a real time spectrum analyzer with extremely smooth response and complete control over the audio spectrum analysis, including slope and offset correction. It offers memory slots to save/restore frequency response curves for easier A/B comparison and a customizable user interface with a unique transparency feature letting you see behind it. A spectrogram view has been added to the picture to monitor the evolution of the spectrum over time. Last but not least, this plug-in is able to extract frequency information from the audio signal and export it as MIDI CC or automation curves in real time: audio effects or MIDI hardware can now be controlled by the pitch of the signal!
Blue Cat’s FreqAnalyst Pro is available as a single product or within the Analysis Pack or All Plugins Pack bundles. Demo version can be downloaded from the product pages. Continue reading