The 2014 NAMM Show was another great year for the event – the weather was fantastic, there were tons of new synths and interesting gear introduced and we got to see a lot of people passionate about synths and electronic music.
Here’s our pick of the best new gear that was either introduced at the show this year or that made its NAMM debut this year: Continue reading
Developer Ingolf Koch has released Electrify NXT, a virtual groovebox for iPad.
- Rewritten and enhanced audio engine.
- New session mode lets you perform with loops and clips by creating arrangements on the fly.
- New polyphonic FM-style Synthesizer: Electrify NXT comes with a fully fledged frequency modulating synthesizer with 11 Algorithms and wave-morphing oscillators.
- The new drumkit combines 8 samplers into one ‘grooving loop factory’.
- Looper and slicer lets you deconstruct audio loops or rearrange your own clips beyond recognition.
- Comes with more than 1600 audio loops and one shot samples
- A huge load of effects
- Powerful parameter modulation: nearly every parameter of instruments and effects can be modulated by LFOs, Envelopes or by realtime parameter sequencing.
- Flexi-Groove templates
- Audiobus, AudioCopy and Midi are integrated.
Here’s a preview of Electrify NXT in action: Continue reading
Developer Sebastian Dittmann let us know that AudioBus 2.0 is coming in early 2014, and shared these sneak previews of the updated interface.
Here’s what he has to say about the update:
Audiobus 2 will be capable of running as many apps in parallel or in series as your device can handle. That?s right: Multiple, independent pipelines with as many inputs, filters or outputs as you like in each. We’re doing away with any restrictions. This feature will be available as a very reasonably priced in-app purchase.
We’re also introducing a way to save presets of your connection graphs and share them via mail or your social networks.
Audiobus 2 will have a brand new look which enables us to add additional features more easily in the future and which we think looks really great and in tune with the design of iOS 7.
Here’s a video demo of the new features in action: Continue reading