Developer 4Pockets has updated Aurora Sound Studio HD, its Tenori On style music sequencer for the iPad.
New in version 1.5, Aurora Sound Studio HD gets support for AudioBus.
- 14 Instrument tracks
- 12 Notes polyphony per track
- 4 Independent Engines – Drum Machine, Analog Synth, Pad Synth and Sampler
- 32 Patterns per song
- Chain up to 199 Patterns in Song mode
- 3 Effect sends per track.
- 9 Effects including – Delay, Reverb, Chorus etc
- Allows creation of custom instrument patches.
- Layer Automation
- XY Mode
- Splice and Dice Audio with Atomizer Mode
- Inbuilt Sample Recording
- Export Songs as WAV and AAC
Aurora Sound Studio HD is available in the App Store for $39.99.
4Pockets has announced a big update to Aurora Sound Studio HD, an app that turns an iPad into a Tenori On inspired music production system.
At $39.99, it’s one of the more expensive iPad music apps, but it’s also one of the deepest, supporting synthesis, step sequencing, song sequencing, layer automation, performance effects, sampling and a 14-track mixer.
The new version includes the following features and updates.
- Core MIDI Out Support – Aurora now allows you to use an external keyboard as a sound source, replacing the internal synthesizer engines. This new feature can be used by the sequencer and for live play.
- Octave Control – An Octave control has been added to the Layer Properties dialog allowing you to transpose both MIDI output and internal instruments.
- PasteBoard Support – PasteBoard support has been added to allow copying all or part of a songs audio to other applications. Aurora also allows you to copy multi-track audio directly into our multi-track recorder Meteor.
- Export to Wav – A new ‘Export To WAV’ option allows a fully automated export of the current song to a WAV file and an alternative to ‘Record To File’ which allows you to record live performances.
- Hold Notes – allows consecutive notes to be to be treated as a single held note, rather than repeat triggering of the note. This can be turned on or off on a layer by layer basis.
- Paste Sample – Added the ability to paste sample data from the global PasteBoard into the Sampler so long as the sample length is less than 10 seconds,
- MIDI Clock – An experimental MIDI clock feature has been added to synchronise with external MIDI devices.
The update has been submitted to Apple, but is not in the App store yet.
Developer 4pockets has released Aurora Sound Studio HD (App Store link) – a $39.99 app that turns your iPad into a pretty sick Yamaha Tenori On matrix synthesizer clone.
Aurora Sound Studio HD lets you gets do basic matrix synth sequencing, but also lets you dive in and edit the musical scale assigned to the matrix, edit sounds, add effects. arrange sequences to create songs, sample sounds and do real time XY-style audio effect manipulation.
$39,99 seems high for an iPad app – but that may be because we haven’t seen a lot of deep music apps yet. Check out the details below and let me know what you think. Continue reading
VJ Franzk offers his unique, glowing take on Aurora Sound Studio HD, a new matrix synth for the iPad.
VJFranzk calls Aurora Sound Studio HD “a full on Tenori type experience for the great price of $10!” Continue reading