Sugar Bytes has released Egoist for iPad – an iOS version of its groove instrument application.
According to the company, you can load any audio file and ‘squeeze the groove out of it’, using sample slicing, effect sequencing, a built-in beat box and more.
Here’s the official intro video for Egoist for iPad: Continue reading
This video is a beatmaking demo of the new KDJ-One mobile production studio, featuring Slipknot’s Sid Wilson. Continue reading
Auxy is a new app for iPad that the developers say is designed for ‘beat making without distraction’.
This is similar in concept to simple beatmaking apps like Figure, but Auxy offers a more traditional grid sequencing interface.
”Creating modern music should be more about music and less about technology” says Henrik Lenberg, co-founder and CEO of Auxy. “A lot of people would love to make modern music but feel it’s too complicated to get started. Our app removes technical barriers to give everyone a better experience.” Continue reading
Sunday Synth Jam: From the department of ‘play what you got’, Dutch beatmaker Tjabe Mater shows how they do it with a kid’s My First Sony toy.
Deadboy shares his secrets for making your beats funky and relevant…..
Celemony has release a new tutorial for Melodyne users that explores how you can tweak drum loops.
Melodyne is best known for its capabilities for pitch modification. In this tutorial, though, the focus is on using the app’s unique capabilities to tweak individual beats within a drum loop. Continue reading
Oscillicious has released BeatCleaver 1.3.0, an update that they promise will let you ‘cut up beats beyond recognition’.
New features include:
- Time Stretching
- Drag Export
- Flac Support
Here are the details: Continue reading
Native Instruments has released an update to Maschine, version 1.8.
Here’s what’s new in Maschine 1.8:
- Offline time stretching and pitch shifting feature
- Transient Master
- Tape and Tube Saturators
- Save group with samples feature
- Improved handling of missing samples
- Revised select page (hardware) with access to note length
- Quick select events of a sound in a pattern (Shift + Select + Pad)
- Quick erase events of a sound in a pattern (Erase + Select + Pad)
- Pre-hear samples from the hardware browser before loading them
- Choke all playing sampler voices feature (“panic button”: Shift + Mute)
- Sample play position indicator on the waveform (hardware and software)
- AutoWrite pinning feature
- Various bug fixes
See the NI site for details.