Cakewalk has released Music Creator 6 Touch, the first version of its Windows personal music studio app that’s multi-touch enabled.
- Create, record, edit, and mix your music using the ‘Skylight’ user interface
- 32 audio tracks and 128 instrument tracks
- Includes 6 virtual instruments
- FX including Reverb, EQ, more
- Overloud TH2 Creator amp simulator
- Integrated Step Sequencer
- Trigger audio and MIDI loops using the Matrix View for real-time performance and remixing
- Drag and drop loops, instruments, FX, and project templates from the built-in Browser
- Use any Windows 8 touch enabled device and interact directly with the software using your hands
Here’s a video intro to Music Creator 6 Touch: Continue reading
At the 2013 NAMM Show, Cakewalk’s Jimmy Landry gave us a quick overview of the latest version of Z3TA+ 2, version 2.1.
Z3TA+ 2.1 not only has a lot of new features, but is now available for Mac, in addition to Windows. Continue reading
At the 2013 NAMM Show, Cakewalk’s Jimmy Landry gave us an update on the new Sonar X2a.
Sonar X2a adds a lot of interesting features, but the show-stopper is full multi-touch support. In the second half of the video, above, Landry demonstrates the new multi-touch capabilities and offers his thoughts on where the touch interface offers benefits. Continue reading
Cakewalk has announced SONAR X2a – an update to the popular Windows DAW which includes many fixes, enhancements, plus support for multi-touch.
Since music apps first started appearing on Apple’s iPad, many users have been anticipating the same types of multi-touch interaction coming to traditional DAWs. Sonar X2a is a major step in that direction.
SONAR X2A offers a new creative environment on touch enabled devices. Highlights include:
- Skylight User Interface
- Pinch-to-zoom horizontally and vertically on tracks and other data.
- Swiping gestures to scroll through different components of the project.
- Arranging the work-space by re-positioning, dragging, docking and un-docking.
- Touch transforms any touch screen into a virtual pad controller for triggering.
- Preview, and then drag-and-drop loops into cells in the Matrix View.
- Adjust all settings in the Matrix View.
- Console View fully supports multi-touch.
- Automate and control faders, plugins, ProChannel parameters, the Inspector and more.
- Navigate through the views easily by swiping and scrolling tracks vertically and horizontally.
Is Sonar X2a + Windows 8 the future of DAWs? Check out the video and the details and let us know what you think! Continue reading
Cakewalk has announced Sonar X2 – the latest version of their digital audio workstation for Windows.
Cakewalk has announced that it’s going Mac with Z3TA+, its waveshaping synth.
Z3TA+ offers a formidable sound synthesis generation engine, with unique per-oscillator waveshaping capability, vast filters, multi-stage envelope generators, morphing and advanced modulation matrix with powerful effects routing.
Here’s what’s new in Z3TA+ 2.1:
- Completely redesigned user interface
- Quicker access to needed controls
- More parameters and controls
- 1,093 ‘classic’ Z3TA+ patches
- Over 1,000 newly crafted sounds
- All new patch browser
- New filter types
- New waveshapers
- New modulation destinations
- Revamped FX section with drag and drop
- New Performance Module