Developer Rejean Poirier has released Caustic Editor For Volca Sample – a free waveform editor to import, load, record, edit and upload samples for use with the Korg Volca Sample.
Volca sample-specific features:
- Upload to any of the 100 sample slots
- Clear all samples
- Restore factory samples
- Monitor device memory
Virtual studio Caustic 3 for iOS has been updated with AudioBus support, background audio and MIDI, a new synth and more.
Caustic 3 is inspired by rack-mount synthesizer/sampler rigs, and is optimized for real-time mobile music-making. Continue reading
Caustic – a software virtual studio – has made the leap from Android to iOS.
Caustic 3 lets you create a custom studio rack by adding up to 14 machines from a choice of:
- Subsynth – Virtual analog subtractive synthesizer
- PCMSynth – Multi-sample wave synthesizer
- BassLine – 303-like monosynth
- BeatBox – 8-channel sampling drum machine
- PadSynth – Harmonic table pad synthesizer
- 8BitSynth – 8bit equation solver synthesizer
- Modular – Fully configurable and routable synthesizer
- Organ – Tonewheel organ with rotary speaker
- Vocoder – 8-band harmonic vocoder
- FMSynth – DX-style 3-operator fm synthesizer
Android, despite being the top mobile operating system, hasn’t taken off as a music platform, like iOS. But that doesn’t mean that it can’t be used to make music.
Time Elapses – A Journey is a short time-lapse film, that features a soundtrack created on Android. The track, titled Moonlight Mood, is by Nishit Gajjar, who composed it in Caustic for Android.
Developer Single Cell Software has updated Caustic 2 for Android, adding MIDI Support and more.
Caustic 2 is a rack-mount virtual studio that lets you use synthesizers and samplers to create music. It lets you create a virtual rack, using any 6 of these machines:
- Virtual analog subtractive synthesizer
- PCM synthesizer
- BassLine synthesizer (303-like synth)
- Sampling drum machine
In the latest episode of Sonic Touch, via sonicstate, Gaz focusses on controlling Ableton Live, using Liine’s Griid and Touchable. Nick takes a look at Caustic 2 for Android.