Italian composer Bruno Di Micco, aka metallo, has been traveling recently – and is using his iPad as a mobile studio:
These days I have been far from my studio, and had with me only an iPad mini and an alai lpk25. I composed this piece of electronic music exclusively with these 2 tools.
HIs track, Flashback, was composed and mastered on the iPad.
Steinberg has released a new free software synth for iOS, Nanologue.
Here’s what they have to say about Nanologue:
Nanologue boasts a wide scope of inspiring sounds and professional sound effects, sporting a straightforward multi-touch interface and a great-sounding monophonic synthesizer.
Used stand-alone and in connection with your iOS host application via Inter-App Audio, Nanologue brings the power of VST 3 technology to the iOS platform.
Nanologue is a free download from the App Store. Continue reading
Steinberg has updated Cubasis – its mobile DAW for iPad – to version 1.6, introducing an improved audio engine and more.
Here’s what’s new in Cubasis 1.6:
- New pristine audio engine with extended sample rates (44.1/48/96kHz) and bit rates (16/24-bit)*
- Real-time playback of arbitrary audio file formats (44.1/48/96kHz and 16/24/32 bit) independently of the project’s sample rate and bit depth.
- Up to 24 assignable physical audio outputs
- Assignable metronome output and pan
- MIDI Clock latency compensation slider
- Audio input gain adjustment option for audio interfaces and external microphones
Novation recently released the LaunchPad S – a ‘Brighter, Faster, Universal’ version of its popular MIDI controller for Ableton Live.
Here are the main improvements in the LaunchPad S over its predecessor:
- The Launchpad S has brighter LEDs;
- The new version has a significantly faster LED refresh rate; and
- The Launchpad S is now class-compliant, which means it will now work with other software and with the iPad.
Is the new LaunchPad a worthy successor to the original? And does it make sense to upgrade? Let’s take a look……. Continue reading
This video demos some of the presets of Micrologue, the new software synth introduced in Cubasis 1.5. Continue reading
Steinberg has released an update to Cubasis, its mobile DAW for iOS, adding a new software synthesizer and more.
Here’s what’s new in Cubasis 1.5:
- Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer incl. 50 factory presets
- 16 Allen Morgan Signature drum kits incl. 80 MIDI loops
- Open/close hi-hat problem solved
- Instrument track freeze for internal instruments
- Instrument rack to load and edit Cubasis’ instruments
- Modulation wheel support for Micrologue synth
Here’s an unofficial demo for Micrologue: Continue reading
Steinberg has updated Cubasis, its iPad DAW, adding support for 24 channel audio recording, improved AudioBus support, stability improvements and more.
Cubasis is a DAW with a set of tools focusing on mobile work. Projects created in Cubasis can be opened in Cubase for Windows or OS X.
Here’s what’s new in Cubasis 1.2: Continue reading
Here’s a quick look at using MIDI and Audiobus with Cubasis for iPad.
The video demonstrates how to send midi out to other apps and then reroute the audio out from those other apps back into Cubasis. Continue reading