Roland has officially introduced the SBX-1 Sync Box, a utility module that’s the lingua franca of electronic music gear – letting all your gear work together, whether its DIN, MIDI or control voltage gear, vintage or new, and hardware or software.
Sampleslicer – a new Euro module now in development – is a real-time sampler/slicer for your modular Eurorack system, that creator Jan Willem says take it ‘far beyond the scope of a regular sample-player’.
The Sampleslicer is a real-time monophonic sampler, including a 16 step voltage-controlled sequencer.The incoming sound is chopped up automatically into 16 parts by the incoming clock signal and spread out over the 16 steps in the internal sequencer. Continue reading
Spektro Audio let us know about a new update for CV Toolkit – their modular synth control app for Mac & Windows.
CV Toolkit 1.2 introduces a new Virtual Slot System. It lets the users change the modules inside the slots to customize the whole interface to their own needs.
Developer Icaro Ferre has also added:
- 4 new modules (CV Recorder, Comparator, Morphing VCO and Clock Generator) that can be accessed via the Virtual Slot System;
- 8 mode scales to the CV Quantizer;
- Pitch Bend support; and
- many minor improvements to existing modules.
Here’s a video intro to CV Toolkit 1.2: Continue reading
Pigtronix has introduced the Pigtronix Custom Shop Active Dual CV Expression Pedal – a new pedal that they say is the only active, CV-capable expression pedal available.
With a range of 0-5V, the Active Dual CV Expression is Eurorack-friendly and can also control other gear equipped with 0-5V CV inputs, including Arturia MiniBrute and MicroBrute, Studio Electronics BOOMSTARs, Tom Oberheim SEMs, and others. Continue reading
In the latest Sonic Lab, Nick Batt takes a look at the Touellskouarn Jedonian – a new Eurorack utility module that’s designed to bridge the worlds of Volts per Octave gear and Hz per Volt gear. Continue reading
Klevgränd Produktion AB has introduced SyncMix – a tool that bridges three generations of sync:
- MIDI is handled through the connector port, together with Apple Camera Connection Kit or Lightning Pin, depending on your Apple device.
- CV sync goes through a mini stereo audio cord connected to the headphones output.
- Wireless sync runs through any music application using WIST running on another device.
Here are the details: Continue reading