Steinberg has announced the upcoming release of Nuendo 6.5, scheduled for release in the third quarter of this year.
Optimized to the requirements of TV and film post-production professionals and ADR/language dubbing studios, Nuendo 6.5 comes with automated loudness processing and professional bass management. Other new features introduce TrackVersions for creating, renaming and managing parallel versions of the same track, track visibility management that expedites working with large projects, enhanced AAF support and much more. Continue reading
Tracktion Software Corporation (TSC) has released of Tracktion 5.3, an update to their multi-platform DAW.
Here’s what’s new in Tracktion 5.3: Continue reading
Steinberg has released Cubasis 1.8, the latest version of its iOS digital audio workstation.
The 1.8 update adds numerous features such as automation, MIDI CC, program change and aftertouch support, alongside a mixer-side global control panel, a phase inversion plug-in for audio channels and more. Continue reading
Apple has updated Logic Pro X to version 10.0.7,
Here are the key changes in Logic Pro X 10.0.7:
- Now supports 24 processing threads on 12-core Mac Pro models
- The current volume, pan, and send values for all selected tracks can now be inserted at the playhead position
- Enabling Low Latency Mode no longer creates sync issues for Drummer, Ultrabeat, Native Instruments Machine and other plug-ins with integrated step sequencers
- Automation can now be copied and pasted to any location using the Marquee tool
- Adds an option for MIDI volume and pan data to control the instrument plug-in instead of the channel strip
- Resolves several snap and alignment guide issues
- Various fixes that improve XML import and export with Final Cut Pro X
- Contains multiple enhancements to Accessibility
Details on the update below. Continue reading
Image-Line is looking for adventurous users to help test FL Studio 12, now available for download as an ‘alpha preview’.
“We are looking for feedback about some of the major changes in workflow that have been made so far,” according to the company. “Please try it out and let us know what you think of how it works.” Continue reading
This video, via Tuts+ Music & Audio, takes a look at the modulation system of Bitwig Studio‘s Polysynth.
This video, via massivebeatzz, covers unboxing and a quick look at the new Roland Aira TR-8. The second half of the video digs into DAW integration and recording individual drum tracks.
Steinberg today released this video preview of automation support in Cubasis 1.8, an upcoming release of its mobile multi-touch sequencer for iPad. Continue reading