Plugin Boutique has just released their first plugin, Big Kick, designed specifically from kick drum synthesis.
- Kick drum synthesis – can replicate the majority of today’s and yesterday’s kick sounds*
- Factory library includes 300 attack types and 110 presets
- Tuned kick drums
- Easily integrates with your existing sample libraries
- Easier to use than any previous kick drum design tool
- Drag-and-drop sample creation
- Auto-play mode for instant start and jamming
- No-phase-shift free-sound-shaping Overdrive
- High pass filter (again, phase-shift-free): avoid nasty surprises in the bottom end.
Here’s a video demo: Continue reading
Sunday Synth Jam: Here’s a synth jam, via UncertainMusicCorps, that explores the synthesis capabilities of the Nord Drum 2.
The Nord Drum 2 offers 6 channels of synthesis, and this jam explores its capabilities beyond typical electronic drum kits. Continue reading
AudioSpillage has released DrumSpillage 2 – a 16 part multi-model drum synthesizer plugin for Mac OS X.
Here’s what’s new in DrumSpillage 2: Continue reading
Here’s a quick video demo, via darksideothetune, of the TipTop Audio TR-808 drum modules.
Technical details: Continue reading
Eli at Austin’s Switched On let us know about this quick demo they made of Elektron’s new drum machine, the Analog Rytm:
During our trip to NAMM 2014 we were allowed some hands on experience with Elektron’s new 8-voice analog drum machine and sampler, the Analog RYTM.
We quickly learned the ropes and began an improv track.
Audio was recorded directly!
They outline these key features: Continue reading
2014 NAMM Show – Elektron has officially introduced Analog Rytm, described as a ‘one stop solution beat machine’.
- 8 drum voices, each with: Specialized analog percussion sound generator. Sample playback. Analog multimode filter. Analog distortion.
- 12 velocity & pressure sensitive pads
- Analog master compressor & distortion
- Reverb & Delay send FX
- World class Elektron step sequencer
- Chromatic, Performance, and Scene modes
- Performance oriented beat control
- Individual voice outputs
See the Elektron site for full details. Continue reading
Rob Papen has released PunchBD-RE – a bass drum synthesizer for your Propellerhead Reason Rack.
Here’s what he has to say about PunchDB-RE:
PunchBD-RE is a versatile and easy to use bass drum synthesizer for your Reason Rack. With PunchBD-RE you get two modelled synthesizer drum modules, a click/noise module and a sample module to help you shape the main beat for your productions. From Dance and electronic and Hiphop to soundtrack. PunchBD-RE has it covered.
With further filters, envelopes, modulation routings and CV on the back you can take your bass drum sounds one step further to provide a solid sound to your productions. The bass drum is an essential part of building a track and this is where PunchBD-RE will deliver!
Here’s Rob Papen introducing PunchBD-RE: Continue reading
Yesterday, Arturia announced the release of Spark 1.7, a major update to the software engine that drives its SPARK Creative Drum Machine and SparkLE Creative Drum Machine hybrid hardware/software instruments.
The Spark 1.7 software engine allows faster loading times for Spark Creative Drum Machine and SparkLE Creative Drum Machine users.
Key changes in SPARK 1.7 Continue reading