Elastic Drums is a software synth for iPhone that offers 6 channels of synthesized drum sounds, a step sequencer and 4 FX channels.
- 6 synth channels with 10 different percussion synth engines (kick, snare, hit, clap, tom, … fm, grain)
- 12 parameters for each synth engine
- automation for each parameter via knob recording or velocity
- 4 send effect channels with 2×11 mono effects and 2 x 9 stereo effects
- automation for all of the 8 possible effect parameters via xy pad
- master effects (stutter, delay, compressor …)
- 16 step sequencer for the 6 channels, each with it’s own tempo multiplier & length
- record audio and export to Soundcloud or Audioshare
- email audio recordings and presets
- iOS 8 supported
Here are official Elastic Drums audio demos: Continue reading
- Virtual Analog Drum Synthesizer (no samples used)
- 10 Different kinds of dedicated synthesizers to easily create each drum sound
- Kick, Snare, Rimshot, Clap, Hi-hat, Tom, Conga, Claves, Cowbell, Cymbal
- 6 Pads (6 Voices)
- 99 User editable & storable programs
- Master Reverb FX
- Real-time Looper for Live Performance
- Wave file export for iTunes File Sharing
- Exported files can be re-loaded to Looper for overdubbing
It’s available in the App Store.
If you’ve used Kraftpad, leave a comment and let us know what you think of it!
H.G. Fortune has introduced a free drum machine for Windows, DrumBurst:
DrumBurst is an 8 parts drum machine with 64 waves at each slot making 512 waves in total: not too much for a quick selection but a good variety to work with. The inbuilt sequencer features 24 Main Pattern each based on the combination of a dedicated wave, Mute status and 1 out of 6 Step Pattern variations per part. This provides a lot of variation and less of programming effort as pattern can be re-used with a different instrument.
It’s a free download (.zip). If you give DrumBurst a try, let us know what you think of it!
E-Phonic has released Drumatic 4 v1.0 – a 10 voice VST drum synthesizer for Windows 64-bit / 32-bit.
Drumatic uses a mix of subtractive, FM and graintable synthesis to get the best results possible. Each of the 10 voices feature 2 oscillators, 2 stereo noise generators with over 30 noise types, 3 filters, 7 envelopes (pitch, filter and volume) and an effect. Continue reading
Sonic Potions has introduced the LXR Drum Synthesizer – a new DIY drum machine.
Here’s a video preview: Continue reading
DesignByPaul has released SynthDrum Pad – a free pad-controlled drum synthesizer for the iPad. Continue reading