Elastic Drums is a software synth for iPhone that offers 6 channels of synthesized drum sounds, a step sequencer and 4 FX channels.
- 6 synth channels with 10 different percussion synth engines (kick, snare, hit, clap, tom, … fm, grain)
- 12 parameters for each synth engine
- automation for each parameter via knob recording or velocity
- 4 send effect channels with 2×11 mono effects and 2 x 9 stereo effects
- automation for all of the 8 possible effect parameters via xy pad
- master effects (stutter, delay, compressor …)
- 16 step sequencer for the 6 channels, each with it’s own tempo multiplier & length
- record audio and export to Soundcloud or Audioshare
- email audio recordings and presets
- iOS 8 supported
Here are official Elastic Drums audio demos: Continue reading
Nick Batt at Sonic State has the first reviews of the new Roland AIRA TR-8 Rhythm Performer and TB-3 Touch Bassline Synthesizer.
In the first video review, above, Batt takes a look at the TR-8 drum machine. Continue reading
Kraftpad is a virtual analog drum synthesizer for iPad that lets you create your own electronic drum sounds, using 10 different kinds of dedicated synthesizers.
- Virtual Analog Drum Synthesizer (no samples used)
- 10 Different kinds of dedicated synthesizers to easily create each drum sound
- Kick, Snare, Rimshot, Clap, Hi-hat, Tom, Conga, Claves, Cowbell, Cymbal
- 6 Pads (6 Voices)
- 99 User editable & storable programs
- Master Reverb FX
- Real-time Looper for Live Performance
- Wave file export for iTunes File Sharing
- Exported files can be re-loaded to Looper for overdubbing
It’s available in the App Store.
If you’ve used Kraftpad, leave a comment and let us know what you think of it!
H.G. Fortune has introduced a free drum machine for Windows, DrumBurst:
DrumBurst is an 8 parts drum machine with 64 waves at each slot making 512 waves in total: not too much for a quick selection but a good variety to work with. The inbuilt sequencer features 24 Main Pattern each based on the combination of a dedicated wave, Mute status and 1 out of 6 Step Pattern variations per part. This provides a lot of variation and less of programming effort as pattern can be re-used with a different instrument.
It’s a free download (.zip). If you give DrumBurst a try, let us know what you think of it!
E-Phonic has released Drumatic 4 v1.0 – a 10 voice VST drum synthesizer for Windows 64-bit / 32-bit.
Drumatic uses a mix of subtractive, FM and graintable synthesis to get the best results possible. Each of the 10 voices feature 2 oscillators, 2 stereo noise generators with over 30 noise types, 3 filters, 7 envelopes (pitch, filter and volume) and an effect. Continue reading
Sonic Potions has introduced the LXR Drum Synthesizer – a new DIY drum machine.
Here’s a video preview: Continue reading
DesignByPaul has released SynthDrum Pad – a free pad-controlled drum synthesizer for the iPad. Continue reading
Jomox has announced a new line of analog drum modules in Eurorack format.
The ModBase 09 bass drum modules and Mod.Brane 11 percussion modules are expected to be available in Summer 2013. Additional modules are planned.
Here’s what they have to say about the new Euro analog drum modules: Continue reading