When are algorithms better than musicians?
That’s the question raised by Gym Electro Groove Generator, a new iOS application that generates workout music on the fly.
Here’s a first look at the HEXTEP MIDI Step Sequencer, a analog style step sequencer.
t’s got some interesting tricks up its sleeve, including a built in voice & speaker for setting up sequencers, MIDI effects and a Euclidean Rhythm mode.
Pricing and availability are to be announced, but we’ve got a video sneak preview, plust details below.
Check it out and let us know what you think of the HEXTEP!
Sunday Synth Jam: Live electro sequencing, via reader Thomas Kress:
Testing the Nord Rack 2x for my live-set. Eight midi tracks – four separate voices on the Nord and four separate voices on the Dave Smith Tetra; Six audio tracks with 808 and vocoder samples on the Octatrack.
Tic Tac Beats Electro is half drum machine, half music sequencer, designed specifically for electro style music.
- 4 Dedicated drum tracks,
- 1 Dedicated bass track, 1 synth track,
- 1 chord(pad or hit) track and an effect track
- 1 LFO modulates pitch on three tracks(V1.1)
- LFO syncs to beat, can adjust depth, speed and trigger for envelope effect.
- Adjust the note of each step on each track covering 2 octaves
- Adjust the sound on each step on the effect track
- 6 Pattern locations that store everything
- A “STEP” offset button for a skip effect
- Mute tracks, BPM and volume control
Sunday Synth Jam: Reader Thomas Kress sent this synth jam our way – a bit of live electro:
Having fun with my favorite movie theme from Blade Runner (by Vangelis) and some funky electro beats.
Direct live recording: Octatrack with 808 Samples and a Tetra analog synth + Sunrizer synth app on an iPad. Reverb from TC Electronic.