Audio Damage has updated the firmware for its Sequencer 1 Eurorack step sequencer.
Here’s a video demo of the new features: Continue reading
Sound designer Luftrum created this video demo of the Mutable Instruments Clouds – a ‘granular texture synthesizer’ Eurorack module: Continue reading
This series of videos, via William Mathewson, demos a new series of Eurorack modules, created as a collaboration between WMD and Steady State Fate. Continue reading
At the 2015 NAMM Show, Pittsburgh Music’s Richard Nicol demonstrated how you can create a custom drum machine using their Eurorack modules.
The demo is not meant to highlight a particular module or new product, but rather to show how you can used modular synthesis to create an analog drum machine with its own, unique sound.
Synthrotek has released a series of videos, demoing their new MST line of Eurorack modules, created in collaboration with George Mattson. Continue reading
Synthrotek has introduced the MST Eurorack Voltage Controlled Low Pass Filter – a collaboration with synth pioneer George Mattson.
The MST Low Pass Filter is a precision analog dual-slope output 2 & 4 pole filter. It offers simultaneous -12 DB and -24 DB outputs, with CV control over all parameters. It can also be used as a 1V/O sine wave oscillator.
- Manual control of cutoff frequency
- Manual Control of Resonance (Q)
- 1V/O input for clean sine wave output
- CV Frequency input w/ attenuator
- Resonance CV input w/ attenuator
- Audio input
- Simultaneous -12 db and -24 db/octave outputs
ADDAC System has released a series of videos, demoing its ADDAC702 Dual Voltage Controlled Filter.
It’s the company’s first voltage-controlled variable filter, inspired by the original Korg MS-20 filter.
- Two independent filters, a High-Pass and a Low-Pass with dedicated audio inputs and outputs.
- Besides individual outputs the HP and LP are also sent to a voltage-controlled Mix between the HP and LP filters.
- Both Cutoff and Resonance are voltage-controlled with dedicated cv attenuator pots.
- Switch for selecting between normal cutoff behaviour and an adjustable Smooth circuit to simulate a vactrol behaviour for cutoff control.
- Switch for setting filters Filters in Parallel, independent, or Series: HP into LP.
- Inspired by the Oscar synthesizer we added a Coupling switch to tie the HP Cutoff control to the LP Cutoff control, in this case the LP cutoff controls act as an offset from HP setting.
- Three position switch selects different resonance clipping paths: diodes / no clipping / leds.
- Both filters features a post Distortion/Fuzz circuit that adds extra harmonics adds an even deeper growl or extra gritiness to it.
- All audio outputs HP, Mix and LP feature a switch for choosing phase output, allowing additive or subtractive mixes.
- Three LEDs monitor the amplitude of the three outputs: HP, Mix, LP.
Here are the official demo videos: Continue reading
Dave Smith Instruments has gone Euro. Oberheim has gone Euro. Waldorf has gone Euro.
But what about Moog? Continue reading