Nina Richards & Zoë Blade of Transistor Sounds Labs have introduced Stepper Acid – a digitally-controlled 16-step sequencer for Eurorack modular synthesizers.
They say it is “Designed by and for musicians, Stepper Acid was born out of our need for a modern step-sequencer.”
Here’s a video intro: Continue reading
The Erica Synths Fusion series – a new collection of vacuum tube synthesis modules – are now available for Eurorack synthesizers.
Erica Fusion series consist of whole range of modules used in sound generation and shaping circuit – pure sine VCO with unique tube waveshaper (will be available mid-January 2015), VCO signal Mixer, Ringmodulator, VCF, VCA and Analogue Delay/Chorus. The first two modules are an Analogue Delay/Chorus module and a VCF. Continue reading
Synthrotek has introduced the 308 Distortion Module – a RAT clone in Eurorack format that offers CV control over gain.
- 3 controls – Tone, Filter, and Drive – to customize your tone. Tone sets the brightness level, Filter dials in the high frequency response, and Drive determines the signal gain.
- 4 Diode Settings – An on-board 4PST DIP Switch selects between 4 different clipping diodes to drastically alter your sound. Turn on the stock version 1N4148s, LEDs, Germanium diodes, or none at all with flick of a little switch.
- Vintage Tone – The PCB is designed from the original RAT tone IC, the LM308 single op amp.
- Control Voltage (CV) Input
- Guitar AND Modular – Adjust the input impedance with a trim pot.
- Plug your guitar in using Circuit Abbey’s Axis module.
DIN Sync has introduced the ModSeq kit, a DIY minimal 8-step sequencer for Eurorack modular synthesizers. Continue reading
Ninstrument shared this video demo of a custom Speak & Read module, made just for Eurorack modular.
Here’s what he has to say about the Euro format Speak & Read: Continue reading
Analogue Solutions has introduced the Telemark Multimode Filter module, a new module for Eurorack synthesizers, based on the filter of the Telemark semi-modular synthesizer.
The filter is a 12db/Octave multimode type.
There are four outputs: low pass, band pass, high pass and notch filter.
Additionally, notch filter can be varied for an even wider range of sounds. Use of Gain and Q allow for even wider possibilities.
Here’s a video demo: Continue reading
This video, via FunkyjunkItaly, is a quick demo of the Dave Smith Instruments DSM01 Curtis Filter For Eurorack modular synthesizers. Continue reading
The Harvestman has announced that the a limited number of the Iron Curtain Electronics System – a modular instrument based on the Polivoks synthesizer – are now available.
The Iron Curtain Electronics system was created in cooperation with the Polivoks instrument designer Vladimir Kuzmin.
The Polivoks is a vintage voltage-controlled synthesizer from the Soviet Union, first manufactured in a military radio factory in 1982 from a special selection of components. It later became notorious in the West for its aggressive sonic character.
All modules and system components in the Iron Curtain Electronics System are compliant with the Eurorack format. Continue reading