The Critter & Guitari Melody Mill is a note generation module for Eurorack modular synthesizers. It contains a keyboard, CV outputs, CV clock input, built-in arpeggiators, a sequencer, and MIDI capabilities.
With the Melody Mill you can:
- Use the CV output to control oscillators
- Connect your MIDI controller or computer into your modular setup using the MIDI input
- Play notes, record and playback sequences and arpeggios on your favorite modules
- Convert MIDI clock into CV pulses
- Clock the arpeggiator with an LFO for strange melodies
- Hold notes for drones
- Connect the built-in square wave oscillator directly to a filter or an amp
New Eurorack manufacturer Qu-Bit Electronix has introduced the Nebulae - an audio file player/granular oscillator in the Eurorack modular synthesizer format.
The Nebulae uses sound files as the source material for creating loops, melodies, granular clouds, drones, pads and otherworldy textures. Ships with a flash drive containing a copyright free sample library recorded and mastered specifically for Nebulæ.
- Plays .wav, .aif, .flac , and .ogg files from a USB device
- No naming convention for files
- Independent control of pitch and speed
- 1 V/oct pitch tracking
- MIDI control over all parameters
- DSP engine of Csound
- Looping / one shot capabilities
Razmasynth has introduced a new Eurorack module, the Super Warp Generator. Continue reading
Audio Damage has introduced Freqshift – a Eurorack frequency shifter module.
Here’s what they have to say about it:
Unlike the more common pitch shifter, which raises or lower the pitch of a sound by some ratio (such as an octave or a fifth), frequency shifters add a specific frequency ( 321Hz, for example) to the signal and all of its harmonics. This alters the timbre of the sound in a manner unlike other familiar effects processors.
Freqshift replaces complex analog circuitry with calibration-free digital processing, delivering a frequency shifter in a compact, flexible, but economically priced Eurorack module.
Mutable Instruments has announced the availability of CVpal – a new 2-channel USB->CV/Gate interface DIY kit:
Here’s what they have to say about CVpal: Continue reading
Intellijel has announced that its new Metropolis Eurorack step sequencer is now shipping.
The Metropolis is a unique and powerful musical sequencer inspired by the Ryk M-185 (a Roland System 100m format sequencer.) but with many additional enhancements and functions.
Here’s a demo of the Metropolis in action: Continue reading