99Sounds has released The Weird Side Samples - a free glitch sound effects library.
The Weird Side Samples is a free collection of glitch samples, weird sound effects and abstract sonic textures produced by Johan Ekelove aka Introspectral.
The author describes this sound collection as “a sonic exploration through hidden worlds afloat on a metaphysical plane”.
For a preview of what “hidden worlds afloat on a metaphysical plane” sound like, see the audio demo below: Continue reading
Glitchmachines has introduced Hysteresis, a free glitch delay effect plug-in, for Mac & Windows, geared toward creating ‘robotic artifacts and abstract musical malfunctions’.
Hysteresis features a delay effect with stutter, lowpass filter and modulation effects thrown into the feedback signal path.
Here’s what they have to say about Hysteresis: Continue reading
Composer/developer Jonatan Liljedahl has release a sneak preview video for Sector – an upcoming app that turns your iPad into a stochastic sample slice sequencer. Continue reading
Developer Max Million has released Discrete Energy – a new sample library that ‘provides the backbone for Glitch | IDM | Breaks or other forms of EDM music production’.
- WAV Files
- 48 kHz/24-Bit
- PC/Mac Compatible
Sunday Synth Jam: This video captures reader Hani Debbache jamming on DSI Tetra, Korg Monotribe and OmniSphere, sequenced with Ableton Live 9.
This video is a teaser for the new Dirty Electronics Sonar 20th Anniversary Synth – an ultra minimal pocket-sized synth, black finished with silver-plated etched Sonar logo. The synth has a 20-step sequencer to celebrate the twentieth anniversary of Sonar (one step for each year).
Dirty Electronics describes the Sonar 20th Anniversary Synth as “Bit bashing meets analogue noise and crumpled grooves.” Continue reading
Illformed has released Glitch 2, an audio effect plugin for Linux, Mac & Windows.
Glitch features a new sequencer which can play multiple effects simultaneously, with the ability to trigger unique scenes from every note on your keyboard, Glitch can be ‘as gentle or as brutal as you like’.
- Each program consists of 128 scenes that can be triggered via MIDI notes. Each scene has its own unique sequencer pattern, timing, and effect settings, allowing you to create tons of unique variations.
- Multi-lane sequencer allows many effects to be played simultaneously, to create interesting layered sounds.
- Improved sequencer timing controls to better match your groove and song structure.
- Intuitive pattern editor with drag’n’drop. Draw, erase, resize, split and join blocks with ease.
- 9 effect modules designed to slice, dice, chop, screw, twist, turn and mangle your sounds.
- Tempo-synced effects can easily be dialled in to precise musical timings such as 16th notes, 8th note triplets, and so on.
- Filter, mix, pan and volume controls on each module, to help shape and fine-tune the output.
- Randomize, Mutate, Glitch
- Randomize and Mutate functions can be found at almost every level. Mutate a single effect to get slightly different parameter variations, or instantly Randomize everything in the entire scene to create unexpected, chaotic and inspiring results.
Glitch 2 is available now for $59.95.
Pentacom has updated Glitch1 to support AudioBus. You can preview Glitch1 being used as an AudioBus effect above. Continue reading