The RP Electronics SEQ12 is a hardware sequencer for MIDI Data.
- A streamlined User interface, powered by 219 illuminated Buttons
- 12 Tracks, each playing one of 16 Sequences
- Tracks can be monophonic, polyphonic or special drum mode
- Special Views for Notes, Chords, Modulations, Velocities, Accents, Drums, Shuffle etc.
- Free chains of Sequences, organised in 8 Parts of a Song
- 2 free Controllers and Shufflepattern per Track and Sequence
- 3 Outputs, 1 Input – connect a MIDI keyboard or Controller for realtime recording
- 32 Songs storage in internal Memory, SYSEX backups
- Everything is visible and editable while running the Machine
Here’s a quick look at Gotharman’s Little Deformer – a new granular effects processor with sampler and sequencer.
Gotharman’s Little deFormer combines a granular effects processor with special effects like TimeStretcher, Step-Granulator and PitchShaper. It also offers more usual effects like Reverb, delay, distortion, compressor, filters and bit manipulation, with some special parameters, with a 100 minutes sampler and a step sequencer. A MIDI Note Randomizer is also included.
The 4-note polyphonic sampler makes it possible to record your own samplings directly from the 2 audio inputs, or re-sample it’s audio output. Samples are stored in Flash Ram for instant recall, without any loading times. Up to 100 minutes/999 samplings can be kept.
Reader Martin Bircher sent word of a new interactive sound installation, Digital Enhancement.
Digital Enhancement consists of an electrified Symphonion Brevet No. 28 music box, a synthesizer, an amplifier and four headphones.
The Symphonion musical box dates back to the beginning of the last century and its mechanical workings are combined with digital technology to convert it into a MIDI sequencer.
The original music, embossed on steel plates, can be played on the synthesizer, which is programmed to mimic the sounds of the Symphonion. In order to operate the sequencer, a hand-cranked dynamo serves as a remote control.
Analogue Solutions’ Europa MIDI Step Sequencer and Drum Computer is a newhardware sequencer, designed from the ground up to be used with your MIDI synths, analogue modular, drum brains and drum machines.
Here’s a preview of the Europa step sequencer in action:
- Intuitive and simple programming procedure
- No sub-menus or shift keys – one function per key
- Simple to use – TR808/606 style programming.
- Analogue features – analogue tempo clock, 7 analogue trigger outs, analogue sync signals
- Live editing features
- Transpose, Octave shift, Mute
- Rugged steel construction.
The Analogue Solutions Europa Step Sequencer is priced at UK £499 (exc. tax and delivery). See the Analogue Solutions site for more info.