This video captures a panel discussion on The State Of 21st-Century Synthesis, held at the 2014 NAMM Show.
Led by author Mark Vail (Vintage Synthesizers, Beauty In The B, The Synthesizer), the panel features industry leaders offering their take on the state of synthesis.
The panelists, from left to right, are:
- Composer/synthesist Drew Neumann (Aeon Flux, The Wild Thornberries)
- Composer/producer & Continuum expert Edmund Eagen
- Synth designer and MIDI creator Dave Smith
- Synth designer & sound designer Eric Persing (Roland, Spectrasonics)
- Gerry Bassermann (E-Mu, Opcode, Be, Propellerhead)
The video is close to 90 minutes long and offers some great perspectives from true gurus of synthesis. Continue reading