IK Multimedia today announced the updated GrooveMaker 2 (v1.1), their mobile loop based music making app and “groove generator.” The new version adds universal compatibility to provide iPad users with an intuitive groove making interface and full suite of tools and effects for creating music and grooves “on the go” on an iPad.
GrooveMaker 2 For iPad Key Features: Continue reading
T-RackS Custom Shop 4.5 offers a mixing and mastering shell system that enables the user to have up to 26 outboard processors all available in one application for your DAW or desktop, singularly or together, for the “highest-end sonic experience.”
The new version of T-RackS CS includes a model of what some consider the “holy grail” of mastering EQs, the Master EQ 432, along with enhancements of the T-RackS Custom Shop environment aimed at streamlining its usability for existing and new users.
Details after the break: Continue reading
The 2014 NAMM Show was another great year for the event – the weather was fantastic, there were tons of new synths and interesting gear introduced and we got to see a lot of people passionate about synths and electronic music.
Here’s our pick of the best new gear that was either introduced at the show this year or that made its NAMM debut this year: Continue reading
IK Multimedia has introduced the iRig Mic HD, a high-quality digital handheld microphone designed to be a simple solution for recording audio with an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac:
- iRig Mic HD improves on IK’s iRig Mic, by offering improved audio quality and support for all generations of iOS devices.
- he mic features a 24-bit audiophile-grade A/D converter, a high-quality electret condenser capsule, and a low noise/high definition pre-amp.
- A gain control and signal/level multi-color LED indicator let you set an appropriate level for different recording situqtion.
- The iRig Mic HD includes a Lightning connector cable for the newest iPhone, iPad and iPod touch models and a USB cable for connection to any Mac computer. A 30-pin cable for legacy iOS models is also available.
- Metal-body construction and a comfortable handheld form factor, iRig Mic HD is designed to be ideal situations where you want a portable solution that offers high quality recording.
IK Multimedia has introduced the iRing – a $25 device that works with your iOS device to work as a motion-tracking controller for music.
iRing utilizes a wearable ring with identifiable markers & your mobile device’s front-facing camera to determine the precise positioning of the ring markers, tracking their movements and position in the 3-dimensional space in front of the device. This system provides a low-cost solution for 3D motion control.
The iRing controller is a lightweight, double-sided ring that the user wears between two fingers. Each ring features a linear dot pattern on one side and a triangular pattern on the other. The device camera picks up the positioning of the ring patterns and the apps convert that information into music commands for dedicated app or MIDI information, which any compatible music app can read. This lets you control up to six music parameters in your preferred music apps with one or two hands gestures. Continue reading
GrooveMaker 2 boasts a patented ‘groove generator’ engine that enables the user to create grooves, beats and songs in real time — no previous music-making experience required.
GrooveMaker 2 provides a new, more intuitive method of music-making by using groups of loops called songs (60 loops per song) that “always sound good together.” Users manipulate these to build grooves and complete songs.
GrooveMaker 2 New Key Features Continue reading