Savelii Kaliupanov has released Deregulator a ‘mini-processor’ of stereo effects, with Echo, Delay and Reverberator.
- Three linked effect module (Echo, Delay and Reverb)
- Randomisers for every parameters of this effects
- Ability to randomise all parameters at once
- Recording of affected audio to wav
- Share files to iTunes, AudioCopy 2, AudioShare
- Audiobus of course
- 25 non-factory presets slots
Here’s what they have to say about Deregulator: Continue reading
Secret Base Design has released Apollo MIDI Over Bluetooth Free – a time-limited free version of its Apollo MIDI app, which is designed to try out using MIDI over low-latency Bluetooth LE connections.
With Apollo MIDI over Bluetooth, you can easily connect a pair of iOS devices, or an iOS device and a Mac, using Bluetooth LE. Bluetooth LE is designed for low latency, which makes it a good option for music applications. Continue reading
Propellerhead has updated Figure – it’s beatmaking app for iOS – adding new drum kits, additional sharing options and more.
Here’s what’s new in Figure 1.6:
- Share your songs with your friends on Facebook and Twitter
- Three new drum kits: Sonny, Code and Boom Bap
- Bug fixes
Figure is available in the App Store for US $.99.
If you’ve used Figure, let us know what you think of it!
MobMuPlat (short for Mobile Music Platform) – a free app that lets you create custom audio software for iOS – has been updated to version 1.5.
Here’s what’s new:
- AudioBus integration (input, output, and filter port).
- Menu widget, to choose item from pop-up list.
- Button to invert interface.
- Panels can optionally pass touches to scroll the canvas.
Here’s how you can create a custom app with MobMuPlat:
- Get the MobMuPlat iOS app
- Create a user interface in the MobMuPlat Editor
- Create an audio engine in PureData
- Drag those two files into the MobMuPlat Documents folder in iTunes
- Play your app on your iOS device.
Here’s a video intro to MobMuPlat:
MobMuPlat is a free download from the App Store.
If you’ve tried MobMuPlat, let us know what you’re doing with it!
Wake Up With The World is an iOS application that’s designed to be a sort of generative music alarm clock.
When you wake your GPS coordinates are translated into musical notes and combined with those of every other person waking up at the same moment as you. All these notes are combined and the song you wake to is composed of the ‘presence’ of everyone else doing the same. Continue reading
This video, via developer Alexander Zolotov, demonstrates using Virtual ANS to convert fractal images into synthesized sound. Continue reading
Audiobus 2 – a major update to the app-to-app audio routing app for iOS – is now available.
Audiobus 2 introduces a new interface and a number of significant new features:
- New Multi-Routing feature (In-App Purchase) allows unlimited connections and effect chaining.
- Presets let you save and share connections and the settings of the individual apps within your Audiobus workflow.
- Multi-channel input hardware support.
- New hardware latency controls
A list of apps that have been updated for compatibility is available in the Audiobus forum.
Here’s a video overview of the new features in Audiobus 2: Continue reading
Synth pioneer Wolfgang Palm has announced that PPG Wavegenerator, the desktop version of his popular software synth for iOS, is now available.
“Now the same great synth takes advantage of the additional power found on desktop and laptop computers to allow users to use this as a in their favorite Mac and PC DAW as a 64 or 32 bit VSTi,” notes Palm. “AU is to planned to follow shortly.”
Here is a video intro from Wolfgang Palm: Continue reading