White Noise Audio Software has released Genome MIDI Sequencer 2.0 – a major update to its iPad MIDI sequencer.
Genome 2.0 features a number of improvements to all areas. Here’s what they have to say about the update:
Genome 2.0 features a number of improvements to all areas. The new song mode makes it easier to work on longer songs and is more intuitive. We’ve also added a metronome, a zoom to fit button, and made it possible to view velocity values on selected notes.
We’ve also redone the file manager to make it easier to manage your files and open them in other apps.
Finally, we’ve added the Rack Page, which will allow you to make songs within Genome using built in modules. To start with, we’ve included a synthesizer, a drum machine and a host of effects. Additional modules will be added over time.
Here’s what’s new in Genome MIDI Sequencer 2.0: Continue reading
Audreio has announced Audreio AU, a new Audio Unit plug-in for streaming audio between iOS and Macs. Continue reading
Developer Chris Carlson has released Borderlands 2.0 – a major update to the granular synth for iPad.
Here’s what’s new in Borderlands 2.0:
- Audiobus Sender, Filter, and Receiver support
- AudioShare import and export
- Real time audio input recording and granulation
- Gesture recording and looping for cloud parameters and positions
Save and load “scenes” – presets of clouds, sounds, and automation
- Resonant filters for each grain cloud with per grain randomization
- Bugfixes and more
Here’s the official video introduction to Borderlands 2.0: Continue reading
Bit Shape has released TC-11 2.0 – a major update to the programmable multi-touch synthesizer for the iPad.
TC-11 2.0 is a major overhaul of the programming interface, synthesis engine, and patch manager.
New features include:
- Granular Oscillator
- New patch editor, with drag-and-drop controllers
- One-button tuning
- Live patch UI display
- New patch organizer, with tag filtering
- New synthesis engine
- New Table module
- Many new controllers, totaling over 300!
edjing has introduced Mixfader, described as ‘the world’s first connected DJ crossfader.
Here’s what they have to say about it: Continue reading
IK Multimedia has announced that it is now shipping the iRig 2 – a guitar and bass interface for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac and Android.
The iRig 2 improves on its predecessor by providing better sound quality and more universal compatibility. Continue reading
The audiomux + midimux bundle is now available in the App Store.
midimux talks MIDI to your Mac and audiomux talks audio to your Mac, using a standard usb to lightning or 30 pin cable.
midimux: MIDI via USB
- control iOS apps with hardware controllers that are connected to your Mac.
- sequence and play iOS apps using a DAW running on your Mac.
- control Mac applications or hardware connected to it, using Lemur, TouchOSC or any other app that uses MIDI.
- use iOS apps to play and sequence hardware instruments that are connected to your Mac.
- create virtual MIDI ports on the iPad/iPhone that can be mirrored to the Mac or other iDevices.
- connect more than one iOS device to the Mac – and send MIDI data between them.
Requires: iOS 5+ / Mac OSx 10.6 and Audiobus Continue reading
SoundScaper – an experimental sound mini lab for iPad – has been updated.
SoundScaper is an experimental sound mini lab for creating unusual soundscapes, atmospheric textures, drones, glitches and noises based on circuit bending ideas.
Here’s what’s new in SoundScaper 1.1: