Propellerhead has updated Take Creative Vocal Recorder for iOS, adding new features, a tutorial and other fixes.
Here’s what’s new in version 1.1:
Key New Features:
- Song navigator replaces the scrub bar. It gives you an overview of the recorded spaces. Drag to scrub, or tap directly to jump to a point in time.
- Redo mode now restores to the last audio change undone.
- Tutorial walks you through how to use Take. Re-enable viewing it from Take’s settings.
- Clearer UI for indicating the beginning and end of recordable space.
Unity Live is a new software sound module for iOS, designed for live performance with an external MIDI controller.
The app lets you create create set lists, using the hundreds of Unity sound banks in splits and layers. Each sound may be edited via knobs for transpose, coarse, fine, volume, and pan, as well as per-algorithm specific sound controllers, routing amounts, and modulator parameters. Up to ten sound controllers per-algorithm can be controlled, for example, oscillator frequencies, volumes, and pans, as well as filter cutoffs, and resonances.
Audiobus & iOS 7 Inter-App Audio are both supported.
Unity Live is available for US $2.99. Additional sounds are available as in-app purchases.
Propellerhead has introduced Take Creative Vocal Recorder – a free digital audio recorder app for iOS, designed for quickly capturing musical ideas.
It’s designed with a simplified interface – with a single tap, you’re recording. It’s designed for use with headphones, so you can record in sync with built-in metronome, loops or beats.
The app also offers three tracks for fleshing out ideas and audio effects processing.
Note: Take is optimized for the built-in microphone on your iOS device. Wear headphones to hear your backing tracks. Best results come from using headphones (the ones without an integrated microphone) and recording into your iPhone/iPod/iPad mic directly.
Here are examples of Take Creative Vocal Recorder in action: Continue reading
Novation has updated its Launchpad app for iOS to make it Universal – so it now runs on both iPhone and iPad.
Here’s what’s new in Novation Launchpad 1.6.0: Continue reading
Klevgränd Produktion AB has introduced SyncMix – a tool that bridges three generations of sync:
- MIDI is handled through the connector port, together with Apple Camera Connection Kit or Lightning Pin, depending on your Apple device.
- CV sync goes through a mini stereo audio cord connected to the headphones output.
- Wireless sync runs through any music application using WIST running on another device.
Here are the details: Continue reading
Developer Johannes Doerr has introduced MIDIFlow, a new iOS app that lets you send MIDI from app to app in a similar way to what you already do with audio.
That way, you can sync apps with each other or send MIDI parts from a sequencer app to different synth apps.
You can also route the MIDI from your keyboard to apps and assign different key zones to them.
In addition, all MIDI transfer can be monitored in order to find problems or just to learn what MIDI is doing (normally) behind the scenes.
Here is a demo of MIDIFlow in action: Continue reading
Beatwave – a matrix synthesizer for iOS – has been updated to version 2.0, adding a new UI, Audiobus support, effects and more.
Here’s what’s new in Beatwave 2.0:
- New UI
- iOS7 compatibility
- New instruments
- New sharing functionality
- Audiobus support
- Now up to 4 patterns per grid
- New controls for grid speed and octaves
- Improved tone and scale controls
- Improved workflows for saving and loading patterns
Here’s the official intro video for Beatwave 2 in action: Continue reading
Savelii Kaliupanov has released Deregulator a ‘mini-processor’ of stereo effects, with Echo, Delay and Reverberator.
- Three linked effect module (Echo, Delay and Reverb)
- Randomisers for every parameters of this effects
- Ability to randomise all parameters at once
- Recording of affected audio to wav
- Share files to iTunes, AudioCopy 2, AudioShare
- Audiobus of course
- 25 non-factory presets slots
Here’s what they have to say about Deregulator: Continue reading