n-Track Studio – a multi-track audio recorder for iPhone and iPad – has been updated, adding AudioBus support and more.
Here’s what’s new in n-Track Studio 2.1:
- Support for Audiobus – you can now send audio from other apps to n-Track, play your favorite instrument app and record the output inside n-Track alongside the device mic/line input.
- Each Audiobus app can be recorded to a separate track.
- Option to record/process audio when the app is in the background.
- Support for AudioCopy and AudioPaste: transfer audio files between compatible apps
n-Track Studio Multitrack Recorder is available for $5.99 in the App Store.
Amidio has updated OMGuitar, adding AudioBus support, MIDI and more.
Here’s what’s new in OMGuitar 2.0:
- Retina interface (horizontal-oriented)
- External Remote support (like in Futulele) using the free Amidio Remote app for iPhone
- MIDI In/Out/Record
- Individual string buttons can be hidden
- Advanced File Manager
OMGuitar is available for $4.99 in the App Store.
Native Instruments has released Traktor DJ for iPhone, the latest port of its popular DJ software.
- Direct access to your iTunes music library from Traktor DJ
- Stylish waveform display allows for simple looping and ultra-tight scratching
- Swipe from one-deck focus to split-screen view
- The most affordable way to get started with TRAKTOR pro DJ software to date
- Intelligent browser recommends songs based on compatible tempo and key
- Automatic tempo and key detection plus BPM sync for super-smooth mixing
- Notification Center gives you in-app access to essential tips and undiscovered techniques
- 8 built-in pro DJ effects including Reverb, Delay, and dramatic glitch effects like BeatMasher
- Familiar DJ mixer layout with crossfader, 3-band EQ, and filter on each channel
- Prepare tracks on the road ? all metadata (tempo, beatgrids, cue points etc.) in TRAKTOR DJ syncs with TRAKTOR PRO DJ software
- Record your mixes live in high-quality on the iPhone and share with your friends
Here’s the official intro video:
Hardware and system requirements:
- Minimum requirements are iPhone 4 or higher, iPod Touch (4th generation) or higher, and iOS 6.0 or higher.
- Recommended requirements are iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, or iPod touch (5th generation).
Traktor DJ for iPhone is available now for $4.99.
Tiv Studio has updated Beat Twirl – a beat slicer app for iOS – to version 3.0.
Here’s what’s new in Beat Twirl 3.0:
- New slice envelope view.
- New slice effects
- Audiobus input and output support
- Many fixes.
Developer Alexander Zolotov has released a big update to SunVox, a modular synthesizer he calls “the Most Powerful music creation tool for iOS.”
The update adds Virtual MIDI, AudioBus, Jack and more. Continue reading
In the latest episode of Sweetwater’s iOS Update, Mitch Gallagher takes a look at a couple of free apps, Little MIDI Machine and Clap Box. Continue reading