Each code began randomly, and was then altered to make it more appealing; adding and subtracting variables, changing constants, etc. Support was added for the XY pad on almost every single code, resulting in potential changes ranging from subtle to drastic.
- CFA Vintage Electronica Virtual Analogue provides vintage electronic sound patches.
- CFA Ambient & Sound Design provides evolving and ambient sounds as well as arpeggios.
To get the libraries:
- In Sunrizer, Open the patch library & select ?Banks?;
- Select ?Web Library? and click on the bank names
Sunrizer is available in the App Store for $4.99. Details are available at the developer’s site.
via Constantin Aliferis
Yamaha has released a free app for iPhone & iPad that lets you graphically visualize your musical performances by connecting MIDI keyboards, electric drums or other MIDI instruments to your iOS device.
The selected graphic animation plays and changes in time with the pitch and intensity of the performance.
Yamaha Visual Performer is a free download from the App Store.
IK Multimedia is now shipping its $39.99 mic interface for iOS devices, iRig Pre.
- 40 cm (15.75″) TRRS cable to connect
- to any iOS device headset jack
- XLR input connector for microphones
- Gain control
- +48 V phantom power
- Headphone output
- On/Off switch
- Power/Phantom Power provided by 9V battery
- Battery life is approximately 30 hours with dynamic microphones and 10 hours with phantom powered condenser studio microphones
- Compatible with iPhone/iPod touch/iPad.
iOS 6 was released yesterday – and 15% of Synthtopia’s mobile readers have probably already upgraded.
If you haven’t upgraded yet, though, you may want to wait, if you use your device for mobile music making. Reader Mark Mosher reports that several apps have problems.
Based on his testing, both PPG WaveGenerator and Akai SynthStation crash under iOS, immediately after the splash screens are displayed. Mosher notes that “I?ve been in touch with Wolfgang Palm and they are aware of the problem and working on a fix.”
Most of the apps Mosher tested seemed to work just fine, including TC-11, iElectribe, iMS-2o, Lemur, Magellan, Animoog, NanoStudio and others. See Mosher’s site for the rundown on apps he tested.
If you have already upgraded to iOS 6, let us know your experiences!
BeatSpiral is designed to let you chop samples, make beats and perform with them live. You can choose from an included library or import your own.
- Create new sequences by rearranging and looping sample slices
- Hold the wave stripes at different locations to play slices, slide out to record
- The two waves on the left get recorded to one track, the others to the second
- Select different loop regions on each track, change their length, copy and erase content
- Mute pads for temporary silencing, erasing track content and deactivating waves
- Eject buttons for selecting sample files and setting volume and panning
- User sample import via iTunes File Sharing (mp3, wav, aiff, m4a)
- Animated metronome shows tempo controls (20-200 BPM) with Tap Tempo
- Zoom, Undo and Rotate tracks
- Audio engine featuring high quality interpolation and low latency
- Sample library and handy user guide to get you started