Last year, Kudzu Creative Group released Koushion – a Tenori On inspired music app for the iPad.
Since then, they’ve made a variety of improvements to Koushion, most notably adding CoreMIDI support. The latest update, version 2.4, adds iPad Retina graphics and a “rebound” loop mode that loops a single scene forwards and backwards.
Here’s the version 2.4 feature list…..
- 16-step sequencer with a 2-octave range.
- Integrates with your hardware MIDI setup via the iRig MIDI iPad accessory from IK Multimedia!
- Connect wirelessly via a either a connector application (for Windows) or CoreMIDI (for OS X).
- Syncs to any MIDI clock source or sends a MIDI clock signal so that the performance or production always stays synced.
- Tap to set tempo (great for syncing with a live band)
- Plays up to eight scenes/banks individually (wrap-around or rebounding loop), chained in succession, or simultaneously.
- Adjustable quantization.
- Switches easily to any major, minor, or pentatonic key with the push of a button.
- Chromatic scale mode (useful for drum machine programming).
- Configurable scene/bank MIDI channel assignments to enable control of multiple instruments at the same time.